Makeup Hair And Photo Studio
* The listed $300 day rate is for an 8 hour booking for first level bookings only, as it is a shared space. Our second level will likely be in-use for lash/brow services and/or office space during your rental. The studio staff will be working, behind a curtain on the 2nd level. For bookings for more than 8 hours, please see hourly and day rates listed in detail at the bottom of this information sheet.
* Cleaning fee varies by the group size and event type. Please see cleaning fee details at the bottom of this information sheet. Renters are not permitted to move retail items. If you wish for our retail to be removed prior to your booking, please request this ahead of time so we can prepare the space for you. A $50 removal and reassemble fee is charged for this service. This $50 fee will ensure you are not on the hook for missing or broken retail items.
A little about our space. Primp & Proper is a unique beauty studio located inside an art loft in Mount Pleasant, Vancouver. We are the house of Faye Smith Agency and The Green Beauty Collective. We offer partial studio rental. When you rent our first level only, quiet lash/brow services and/or office work may be taking place upstairs during your rental. We are a quiet beauty boutique so noise from the second level is never an issue, however, please be respectful of your own noise levels when you know a client is upstairs having a service done with us. Please note, there is no separate entrance to our upstairs space so our clients and staff will need to walk through the kitchen to access the stairs to get up there. If your purpose of using our space is for a Boudoir photoshoot or video recording where silence and privacy is required, please let us know, and we can arrange for the studio to be as private as possible. Our staff may be able to use the amenity room for our office work during your rental.
Our space is also suitable for small events, presentations and photoshoots.
This space is a loft with extremely high ceilings, and floor to ceiling windows, meaning we get lots of natural light which is great for photography! We are north facing and have a small balcony so this space is always aired nicely. On the first level, there are three makeup/hair stations, a reception area, retail displays and products, a full kitchen and bathroom. Upstairs, we have 2 lash/brow beds in a treatment room separated by white curtains, an office area for The Green Beauty Collective, full bathroom and our private storage area.
The decor is absolutely stunning and unique. White, cream, gold, and wood. Fully decked out with vintage furniture including a large chandelier, chaise lounge, vintage vanities, extravagant mirrors, hanging silk plants, crystal lamps and more. Please note, our hanging vintage tea cups are antiques past down through generations of the owners family and are not for use during your rental. This space is like none you will have seen before. This studio is certainly the pride and joy of Faye Smith Agency and we are more than excited to share it with you.
* 20 fold up chairs and one fold up table are available for your use. You are welcome to bring in more furniture if needed. Please note, we do not move anything in our studio in preparation for your rental unless it is request ahead of time.
Makeup and hair artist service available! Please inquire.
Lower Level Rates are as follows:
8hrs $300* Listed day rate.
1-5 people …………………………………………………….…..$25
6-10 people ……………………………………………………....$40
11-19 people ……………………………………………………...$60
Retail removal and reassemble...............................$50
We do not accept bookings past 10pm or overnight bookings.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Cleaning Fee: $50
Minimum Booking: 1 hour
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
* We may ask to be able to conduct lash and brow services on the 2nd level during your rental. These are generally silent services, shouldn't disturb your rental and a curtain can be closed for more privacy. Please let us know if you do wish for us to take clients on the upper level during your rental.
*We do not accept rentals past 10 pm.
* Our day rate is for an 8hr day $300. 10hrs is $350 and 12hrs $400. Includes first level rental only.
* Cleaning fee varies depending on how many people are going to be in here and what for. Please read our studio description to see the price break down.
* Only child friendly if an adult is closely watching them as we have a lot of breakable antique furniture and retail.
* 1 fold up table and 20 fold up chairs are available for your use.
Please enquire for more information =] We are flexible!
The studio is beautiful I found the photos to be a little bit deceiving as there was more make up stations set up than I had originally thought based on the photos . For the purpose that I was using it for I found it a little bit tough to navigate without having to move furniture and chairs ect. Overall though I made it work and the space is set up with nice furniture and decor. Communication was great.
Faye's space is stunning! We used it for the Bridal Party to get ready before my wedding and felt like we were in a perfect little wonderland. All the natural light and the spaciousness had us all happily getting dressed and make up done without bumping into each other (which is a big deal when you've got a deadline to walk down the aisle! lol). I highly recommend Faye and her space because of it's glamorousness and her excellent communication :)
The space was absolutely beautiful and served its purpose well. I used it on the morning of my wedding and the pictures are beautiful. The individual prepping stations are great.
Yay! We are so glad you enjoyed our space.
Faye’s studio was the most beautiful space to host a bridal shower! Both Faye and Stephanie made the booking process seamless and were always quick to respond to any questions. Would highly recommend booking with them for any special events.
Faye’s space is so beautiful! Could not have asked for a better spot to get bride ready.
Beautiful space! Everything went according to plan. Faye and Stephanie were great hosts.
This is the most beautiful space, and Faye was so easy and lovely to work with! She answered all of my questions promptly, and allowed me to change my booking time when I realized I had made a mistake. Definitely recommend!
Thanks so much for using our space! We loved having you here.
Great space, very beautiful
Excellent location with lots of character. The lighting is great and there are plenty of spaces for unique photographs. The communication was excellent. I highly recommend working with Faye and Stephanie.
The place is great! It fit perfectly with the theme of our shoot. Faye respond very quick to any questions and is very nice to work with. The lighting is very good, the place is clean, with a very nice atmosphere. Will definitely rent again.
470 people saved this space