Makeup Hair And Photo Studio
* The listed $300 day rate is for an 8 hour booking for first level bookings only, as it is a shared space. Our second level will likely be in-use for lash/brow services and/or office space during your rental. The studio staff will be working, behind a curtain on the 2nd level. For bookings for more than 8 hours, please see hourly and day rates listed in detail at the bottom of this information sheet.
* Cleaning fee varies by the group size and event type. Please see cleaning fee details at the bottom of this information sheet. Renters are not permitted to move retail items. If you wish for our retail to be removed prior to your booking, please request this ahead of time so we can prepare the space for you. A $50 removal and reassemble fee is charged for this service. This $50 fee will ensure you are not on the hook for missing or broken retail items.
A little about our space. Primp & Proper is a unique beauty studio located inside an art loft in Mount Pleasant, Vancouver. We are the house of Faye Smith Agency and The Green Beauty Collective. We offer partial studio rental. When you rent our first level only, quiet lash/brow services and/or office work may be taking place upstairs during your rental. We are a quiet beauty boutique so noise from the second level is never an issue, however, please be respectful of your own noise levels when you know a client is upstairs having a service done with us. Please note, there is no separate entrance to our upstairs space so our clients and staff will need to walk through the kitchen to access the stairs to get up there. If your purpose of using our space is for a Boudoir photoshoot or video recording where silence and privacy is required, please let us know, and we can arrange for the studio to be as private as possible. Our staff may be able to use the amenity room for our office work during your rental.
Our space is also suitable for small events, presentations and photoshoots.
This space is a loft with extremely high ceilings, and floor to ceiling windows, meaning we get lots of natural light which is great for photography! We are north facing and have a small balcony so this space is always aired nicely. On the first level, there are three makeup/hair stations, a reception area, retail displays and products, a full kitchen and bathroom. Upstairs, we have 2 lash/brow beds in a treatment room separated by white curtains, an office area for The Green Beauty Collective, full bathroom and our private storage area.
The decor is absolutely stunning and unique. White, cream, gold, and wood. Fully decked out with vintage furniture including a large chandelier, chaise lounge, vintage vanities, extravagant mirrors, hanging silk plants, crystal lamps and more. Please note, our hanging vintage tea cups are antiques past down through generations of the owners family and are not for use during your rental. This space is like none you will have seen before. This studio is certainly the pride and joy of Faye Smith Agency and we are more than excited to share it with you.
* 20 fold up chairs and one fold up table are available for your use. You are welcome to bring in more furniture if needed. Please note, we do not move anything in our studio in preparation for your rental unless it is request ahead of time.
Makeup and hair artist service available! Please inquire.
Lower Level Rates are as follows:
8hrs $300* Listed day rate.
1-5 people …………………………………………………….…..$25
6-10 people ……………………………………………………....$40
11-19 people ……………………………………………………...$60
Retail removal and reassemble...............................$50
We do not accept bookings past 10pm or overnight bookings.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Cleaning Fee: $50
Minimum Booking: 1 hour
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
* We may ask to be able to conduct lash and brow services on the 2nd level during your rental. These are generally silent services, shouldn't disturb your rental and a curtain can be closed for more privacy. Please let us know if you do wish for us to take clients on the upper level during your rental.
*We do not accept rentals past 10 pm.
* Our day rate is for an 8hr day $300. 10hrs is $350 and 12hrs $400. Includes first level rental only.
* Cleaning fee varies depending on how many people are going to be in here and what for. Please read our studio description to see the price break down.
* Only child friendly if an adult is closely watching them as we have a lot of breakable antique furniture and retail.
* 1 fold up table and 20 fold up chairs are available for your use.
Please enquire for more information =] We are flexible!
Fantastic space for intimate newborn and portrait photography shoots. Faye was a great hostess making it easy going to access the space. Thanks Faye!
This was an amazing experience. The price point was excellent. Faye was easily accessible for questions and inquiries. I was so so so happy with the whole ordeal. ALSO!! I was doing a photoshoot there and Faye had arranged for my hair and makeup to be done by one of the most darling ladies who worked for her, that is what these lovlies do! It was perfect! The pictures were amazing! couldn't have been happier. Amy
Faye provided an us an amazing option for location & for the price, it feels incredibly cozy and provides different options for lighting! Would definitely love to book again soon!
Thanks for coming in and using our space!
This space is beautiful, organized and clean. There are plenty of studio lights available that are helpful if you are taking photos or videos. I would highly recommend this lovely space! Faye was also very helpful and was very prompt with communicating with us.
Thanks for coming in! It was a pleasure to have you here.
Beautiful venue, we didn't even need to decorate for the party.
Faye is great to deal with and the space is a hidden gem!
Such a beautiful space & Faye’s very easy to communicate with. I would book again!
This space is absolutely beautiful! We held our engagement party here. Our friends all commented on how romantic and pretty this place is :)
This place was perfect for my sister's bridal shower! Communicating with Faye was easy via messaging or text and I was able to see the venue beforehand. Very nicely decorated :) so not much needed to be done to add decor for my white/gold themed shower. The kitchen was nicely stocked with several serving bowls and utensils that I was able to borrow. If you have more than 15 people, I suggest bringing/renting your own stools for more seating. Would definitely rent again :)
Very friendly and professional. No complaints! The space was lovely, and required minimal tweaks to use as a photographic space.
470 people saved this space