Makeup Hair And Photo Studio
* The listed $300 day rate is for an 8 hour booking for first level bookings only, as it is a shared space. Our second level will likely be in-use for lash/brow services and/or office space during your rental. The studio staff will be working, behind a curtain on the 2nd level. For bookings for more than 8 hours, please see hourly and day rates listed in detail at the bottom of this information sheet.
* Cleaning fee varies by the group size and event type. Please see cleaning fee details at the bottom of this information sheet. Renters are not permitted to move retail items. If you wish for our retail to be removed prior to your booking, please request this ahead of time so we can prepare the space for you. A $50 removal and reassemble fee is charged for this service. This $50 fee will ensure you are not on the hook for missing or broken retail items.
A little about our space. Primp & Proper is a unique beauty studio located inside an art loft in Mount Pleasant, Vancouver. We are the house of Faye Smith Agency and The Green Beauty Collective. We offer partial studio rental. When you rent our first level only, quiet lash/brow services and/or office work may be taking place upstairs during your rental. We are a quiet beauty boutique so noise from the second level is never an issue, however, please be respectful of your own noise levels when you know a client is upstairs having a service done with us. Please note, there is no separate entrance to our upstairs space so our clients and staff will need to walk through the kitchen to access the stairs to get up there. If your purpose of using our space is for a Boudoir photoshoot or video recording where silence and privacy is required, please let us know, and we can arrange for the studio to be as private as possible. Our staff may be able to use the amenity room for our office work during your rental.
Our space is also suitable for small events, presentations and photoshoots.
This space is a loft with extremely high ceilings, and floor to ceiling windows, meaning we get lots of natural light which is great for photography! We are north facing and have a small balcony so this space is always aired nicely. On the first level, there are three makeup/hair stations, a reception area, retail displays and products, a full kitchen and bathroom. Upstairs, we have 2 lash/brow beds in a treatment room separated by white curtains, an office area for The Green Beauty Collective, full bathroom and our private storage area.
The decor is absolutely stunning and unique. White, cream, gold, and wood. Fully decked out with vintage furniture including a large chandelier, chaise lounge, vintage vanities, extravagant mirrors, hanging silk plants, crystal lamps and more. Please note, our hanging vintage tea cups are antiques past down through generations of the owners family and are not for use during your rental. This space is like none you will have seen before. This studio is certainly the pride and joy of Faye Smith Agency and we are more than excited to share it with you.
* 20 fold up chairs and one fold up table are available for your use. You are welcome to bring in more furniture if needed. Please note, we do not move anything in our studio in preparation for your rental unless it is request ahead of time.
Makeup and hair artist service available! Please inquire.
Lower Level Rates are as follows:
8hrs $300* Listed day rate.
1-5 people …………………………………………………….…..$25
6-10 people ……………………………………………………....$40
11-19 people ……………………………………………………...$60
Retail removal and reassemble...............................$50
We do not accept bookings past 10pm or overnight bookings.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Cleaning Fee: $50
Minimum Booking: 1 hour
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
* We may ask to be able to conduct lash and brow services on the 2nd level during your rental. These are generally silent services, shouldn't disturb your rental and a curtain can be closed for more privacy. Please let us know if you do wish for us to take clients on the upper level during your rental.
*We do not accept rentals past 10 pm.
* Our day rate is for an 8hr day $300. 10hrs is $350 and 12hrs $400. Includes first level rental only.
* Cleaning fee varies depending on how many people are going to be in here and what for. Please read our studio description to see the price break down.
* Only child friendly if an adult is closely watching them as we have a lot of breakable antique furniture and retail.
* 1 fold up table and 20 fold up chairs are available for your use.
Please enquire for more information =] We are flexible!
Incredible space for our bridal party to get ready the morning of our wedding! Faye was an outstanding host, and had plenty of personal and cute touches prepared for us. The space was beautiful in photographs and left us feeling pampered! Would 110% recommend!
Fantastic great space. Thank you Faye
The same as photos in description!
Beautiful venue for photoshoot. Faye is a wonderful host and would definitely recommend this place!
Faye's beautiful space was the perfect venue for getting ready on my wedding day. She was really quick to communicate with and is very kind and accommodating :-) I highly recommend this space to everyone!
Faye turned around a booking very quickly and worked with us to make sure we had everything we needed to make the day a success! What a beautiful space!
This space was truly an amazing venue and exactly how it is depicted in the photos you see on their listing. Already decorated in a beautiful vintage, rustic, bohemian theme, it was the perfect venue to host our staff's dinner party. We could not have found a better space, even if we tried and tried and tried! To add to the wonderful experience, Faye and her team were absolutely lovely to deal with. They were friendly, responsive, accommodating, and just a pleasure to communicate with. If you are looking for a venue to host your next gathering, be sure to give Faye's studio a chance. You won't be disappointed :)
Primp and Proper is the prettiest studio I've ever been to! Great for workshops, special events, bridal parties, etc. Highly recommended :)
The space is definitely smaller than you would expect it to be from the pictures, but nonetheless it is a beautiful space! The decor is so cute. I used the space for my photoshoot and the photos just turned out AMAZING)
Such a wonderful place for the event! I used this place for the bridal shower and everyone were agreed how the beautiful place is. Thanks for Faye and her team, they are very helpful and good in communication. It helped me a lot to organizing the event. The place is clean and well maintained - just like pictures!
470 people saved this space