Spacious Contemporary Art Gallery
The gallery is centrally located in downtown Vancouver. Our facility comprises of three gallery spaces and a lobby reception area, allowing for dynamic multi-purpose events.
We offer rentals for fundraisers, networking events, receptions and workshops. We also have a private, separated office with board-room with a capacity of 12, that can be used for storage, set up and office administration. We make our facilities available for rental to generate revenue to support our free visual arts programming of exhibitions, residencies and education work, plus general operations.
Please Note - the Contemporary Art Gallery does not permit the display of artwork created or curated outside of CAG. Gallery exhibitions are expected to remain installed (minor adjustments can be accommodated) during your event.
The photos are of the exhibition - Isabel Nolan, The weakened eye of day, installation view, July 29 to October 2, 2016.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Maximum Booking: 6 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
* rentals are usually only available after 6:00 pm daily unless on Mondays or by special arrangement.
* We are not always able to de-install the exhibitions so please contact us to inquire if your event is suitable for our space.
*Please note that the creation, display or exhibition of artworks in the Gallery is not permitted by third parties during any event, instead the existing exhibition will be used as a unique backdrop for your event.
• Minimum of 1 staff member must be on site for the duration of the rental, with a team of volunteers present to ensure the safety of artworks
• All staff @ $30/hour
Additional staff includes:
• De-installation/installation staff if artworks need to be removed for an event. Time needed varies depending upon exhibition and may not always be an option
• Audiovisual staff to set up and troubleshoot
• Lighting adjustments if approved
• Events must end at 11:00pm to abide by the bylaws of the building we occupy. Clean-up may take place after this time but must conclude by midnight. Collection of items may also occur the following morning prior to the Gallery opening to the public.
• B.C. Binning Gallery has dimmable fluorescent lights. Spots can be installed by CAG staff.
• Alvin Balkind Gallery has wall floods and spotlights that must be positioned by CAG staff.
Renters are responsible for organizing:
• public liability and property damage insurance
• music performance license (SOCAN)
• catering, liquor purchases, liquor license, glass rentals and bar-tending
• any other services required
72 people saved this space