The gallery centrally located in downtown Vancouver. Our facility comprises of three gallery spaces and a lobby reception area, allowing for dynamic multi-purpose events. We offer rentals for fundraisers, networking events, receptions and workshops. We also have a private, separated office with board room with a capacity of 12, that can be used for storage, set up and office administration. We make our facilities available for rental to generate revenue in support our free visual arts programming of exhibitions, residencies and education work, plus general operations.
Note - The photos are of the current exhibition - Isabel Nolan, The weakened eye of day, installation view, July 29 to October 2, 2016.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
* Please note that rentals are usually only available after 6:00 pm daily unless on Mondays or by special arrangement.
* We are not always able to de-install the exhibitions so please contact us to inquire if your event if suitable for our space.
• Minimum of 1 staff member must be on site for the duration of the rental.
• All staff @ $30/hour
• Additional staff includes:
De-installation/installation staff if artworks need to be removed for an event. Time needed varies depending upon exhibition and may not always be an option
• Audio visual staff to set up and troubleshoot
• Events must end at 11:00pm to abide by the bylaws of the building we occupy. Clean-up may take place after this time.
• B.C. Binning Gallery has dimmable fluorescent lights. Spots can be installed by CAG staff.
• Alvin Balkind Gallery has wall floods and spot lights that must be positioned by CAG staff.
Renters are responsible for organizing:
• public liability and property damage insurance
• music performance license (SOCAN)
• catering, liquor purchases, liquor license, glass rentals and bar-tending
• any other services required
25 people saved this space