This 1,050 sq. ft. mid-century industrial loft space is open, bright, and well equipped for photo and video shoots as well as staging for editorial, catalog and advertising productions. A full day is 9am-6pm and overtime hrs are available.
• Southern exposure and a wall of windows measuring 17 ft. X 9 ft. provide plenty of natural light throughout the day. For daylight shooters there are 3 floor-to-ceiling fabrics that allow precise control of the quality and quantity of the window light.
• Windows feature floor to ceiling 1/3-stop china silk softens the light but still leaves a bit of contrast.
• Windows feature floor to ceiling 1-stop silk which softens the light quite a bit more.
• Put the 2 fabrics together to get shadowless daylight.
• Heavy slate-gray microsuede curtains can be used to flag the daylight or to black-out the studio completely for strobe or LED setups.
• There are 4 pieces of furniture in the studio. A 140 year farmhouse table, two danish-modern chairs, and a modern light gray sofa. The table and sofa are both on wheels with locking casters so they can be used for background or easily rolled away. The table, rolling rack and steamer usually go in the rear of the studio. This area is ideal for styling with floor-to-ceiling curtains giving talent privacy for wardrobe changes. The large farmhouse table is perfect for arranging shoes, jewelry, accessories, and there's plenty of space underneath for shopping bags and suitcases. This wardrobe area also has a ceiling fan to keep everyone cool. The sofa is normally rolled to the far end of the studio where it's out the way and perfect for clients to relax and work from.
• Boxlight features a Sonos surround sound wireless speaker system for streaming your Pandora, Spotify and Radio by TuneIn accounts. Download the Sonos app to your phone, iPad or Laptop and you're the DJ. Otherwise feel free to use our iPad controller and music streaming accounts.
HAIR & MAKEUP STATION:
• The studio has a hair and makeup station with dimmable daylight balanced LED lighting and a hair and makeup chair your talent will love.
CAMERA & LIGHTING:
• Camera, lighting, and modifiers are available to rent a la carte or as a complete package. Working with our battery powered Profoto B1 flash heads is a liberating experience. Mounted on rolling stands there's no power pack or head extension cables to get in the way as you change your lighting setups. Just roll and shoot. The Arri 1.2k HMI with fresnel lens and softbox is also great.
• Foamcore V-Flats (black & white), Reflective Silver & Brushed Gold panels, 3 C+ Stands, Light Stands, 2 Booms, Rolling Camera/Computer Cart, Super Clamps, A Clamps, Posing Stool, Wardrobe Rack & Steamer, Hair & Makeup Chair and AC Extension Cable are all included in your rental.
If you'd like to stop by the studio to see the space just drop us an email to make an appointment.
Minimum Booking: 6 hours
We're not big on rules. The basics...no smoking...be considerate of the neighbors...respect the gear and the space...and you're good. Special attention to keeping the noise level down in the hallway. Some of our neighbors have studios as well and they do record audio...as do we...so everyone tries to be cool with that reality. Doors open at 9am for first arrivals...but we do offer an extra 15 minutes on the tail end (free of charge) for packing up :)
This space was everything we needed. Joshua was a fantastic host. He went out of his way to make sure we understood how best to use the space, as well as being on hand to advise on use of the extra equipment in the studio. The fact that he is an accomplished photographer (his work is displayed in the kitchen) meant he was also able to advise us on getting the best use out of the light. An excellent communicator!
3 people saved this space