Midcentury Loft Studio And Event Space
**Happy to be OPEN for Stage 2 and 3 Reopening!! Casual shoots and gatherings are allowed; please message :)
*This space is cleaned and sanitized, with hand sanitizer and cleaning products all included.
*Private and in a low-traffic building.
Thanks for your interest in the eclectic and original; often imitated, never duplicated, Midcentury Loft Studio. This is one of three incredible spaces hosted here on thisopenspace.
Midcentury Loft is a unique 900 sq ft space; lovingly curated as a chic, luxurious and stylish mixed-use Lifestyle Studio filled with over 170 plants, gorgeous lighting and beautiful midcentury accent furniture.
North facing windows bring in lovely indirect natural daylight with diffuse curtains; if it's bright out, it's bright in here. Be prepared with lighting and strobes, etc. for dreary days.
We are proud to have hosted: photo / video shoots, fashion / editorial / boudoir, bridal & baby showers, weddings!, engagements, elopements, private birthdays, secret supper clubs, fashion shoots, lifestyle video, product shoots, art galleries, showings, chef catered dinners, music videos, retail pop up, speaker series, corporate off-site meetings, cannabis culture nights, yoga... the list never ends!
This space our home outside of rentals; we love sharing our spaces and seeing what people create here. Our lovely and friendly cat Hammy lives here with us, he loves our guests, and we all can't wait to meet you.
Midcentury Loft has also been host to over 200++ video, TV and film shoots with audio recording of dialogue and 'talking head'.
Midcentury Loft is generally quite a sound safe space for on-screen productions with audio recording.
PRICING AND QUOTES:
Listed rates are 'starting at' and include 5 guests or fewer, Mon- Thurs. Friday and Weekend rates will be quoted*
--QUOTES are based on number of people, the date, weekend rates, hours required, and overall impact.
- 11 ft ceilings, exposed brick and beam, authentic hard loft experience
- 170+ beautifully maintained and loved plants
- 4th floor walk up**- 90% of shoots do not need the elevator. $80 fee. - SEE NOTE BELOW.
- Oversize professional heavy duty garment rack
- Professional garment steamer
- Large safe Green P Parking lot 2 mins away, street metered
- Unique and lighting, crystal fairy lights and Edison bulbs throughout
- Comfy seating, vintage pieces and benches, period lamps, rugs, props and much more!
- Bedroom for hair/makeup/changing room (***IF YOU NEED TO SHOOT IN IT, THE BEDROOM MUST BE REQUESTED IN ADVANCE***)
- Full kitchen, with island with some accessories for food events, serving plates, etc.
- 120" HD bright projector with 5.1 Surround sound, Chromecast for laptop input, Youtube, Spotify, laptop direct display
- Google Home speaker to stream and connect via Bluetooth
- Cannabis & vape friendly environment - no cigarettes!
- 40 Folding chairs and x3 6' by 2' folding tables for dinner arrangements
MUST contact in advance for service elevator usage: gear only - not for passengers.
$80 fee- 9am - 8pm. Non negotiable**
Most shoots DO NOT require this; we will usually be on hand to help out, and unless you're carrying 5+ loads of gear that weighs hundreds of pounds, you won't need the lift.
WE HAVE A CAT / ALLERGIES
The lovely cat Hammy lives here with us. He LOVES people, and is a big softie. He loves to hang around, say hi and get pets :) A quick play with a toy will make you friends forever, then he'll chill, sleep and stay out of your way.
*Take and / or bring antihistamines for allergies*
If you like the space and style, but can't have the cat, and are open to more variety and loft beauty, check out the sister studios!
The Beautiful Green and Gold Studio: https://thisopenspace.com/spaces/9945
5 mins away
The incredible Plant Paradise Studio: https://thisopenspace.com/spaces/1403
just next door
NOTES and RULES
* ELEVATOR must be booked in advance (passengers only) $80 fee. See note above.
* LIVE performances and or 'off the floor' recordings must be detailed in advance of booking - NO drums, NO amps.
* NO DJs. EVER. 'BYO' AUDIO EQUIPMENT IS NOT ALLOWED. We supply audio / Bluetooth speaker through Google Home.
* MUSIC must be played at a REASONABLE VOLUME. We have neighbours. Noise Monitor is present. Triggering or tampering will lead to ejection and loss of your deposit. Please respect our rules.
* LATE NIGHT PARTIES ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THIS SPACE. ALL BOOKINGS END AT 11:00 PM. 30 mins for teardown.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Cleaning Fee: $15
Minimum Booking: 2 hours
Maximum Booking: 5 days
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
I'm really open and happy to share this, my home, and beautiful space with you.
As with anything, I appreciate all guests to be respectful of timing, cleanliness, and all the lovely things that make our space enjoyable.
I'll do everything I can to make it a great experience for all of us.
-Photography and videography is very openly encouraged!
-As listed, 40 is the absolute maximum guests allowed at any given time.
-Cigarette smoking is not permitted in the space; we are cannabis friendly though, and will provide ashtrays.
-The BEDROOM, unless agreed upon in advance for family events, changeroom, greenroom or other usage, is considered OFF LIMITS for your booking.
-We appreciate the space being reset as best possible to how you received it.
-We supply a Google Home and Chromecast for A/V
-NOISE NOTE: Please respect our neighbours; this is primarily a residential building - We have a NOISE MONITOR in the space (non recording). Tampering with this can lead to ejection.
* LATE NIGHT PARTIES ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THIS SPACE.
* NO DJs. EVER. BYO AUDIO EQUIPMENT IS NOT ALLOWED.
* ALL EVENTS END AT 11:00 PM, NO EXCEPTIONS.
* PRIVATE INVITATION EVENTS ONLY, NOT FOR THE PUBLIC (Guest lists will be required)
* Our preferred age for renters is 25+ years old.
*FRAGILE*: We have many beautiful pieces of furniture, lamps, etc. These are all original period pieces, fragile and very important to us.
We take photos of the space prior to your booking. Damage of any kind will be taken from your security deposit; please let us know immediately if this occurs.
*OVERTIME COSTS*; If you run overtime without prior contact, the rates are as follows:
$1.00 per min first 15 mins
$2.00 per min 15-30 mins
$3.00 per min thereafter
$5.00 per minute after closing (11:00pm)
All private events should keep within reasonable volume and be respectful to our rules and our neighbours.***
If noise monitor is triggered, you will lose your booking and be ejected from the space.
Amazing space & very versatile!
Thank you so much Matt! We had a great experience.
Matt is a great host and we had a phenomenal time at this space! Thank you for having us!
Amazing Host, Quick Responses, and very professional.
This place is absolutely magical!!!!
Awesome space, and fully recommend.
We've used Matt's spaces multiple times now and have had a perfect experience every time. Such a unique and beautiful space!
The Studio was great for our event, everyone loved it.
The plants and decor in the home certainly set a certain vibe! Lots of nooks and corners in this home to create a unique look. In our case, we filmed YouTube videos in the space. It was humid to do so in August with all the lights on so we had the AC on in between takes. The kitty cat Hammy is a welcoming host! He mostly slept through our entire shoot.
We had an amazing time hosting a birthday party at Matt's beautiful loft. The loft looks even better in person and came with his lovely cat :) Matt was extremely accommodating and communicative. He even offered to help with setup and cleanup. Absolutely recommend this venue for an event!
1806 people saved this space