Space starts at a base rate of $250/day (10am till 5pm - any usage outside regular hours are an additional fee of $75.00 per hour). Please include your set-up and clean-up time.
We are a discreet little studio with a contemporary charm located in the heart of Vancouver's Chinatown district. Our new-fashioned atelier with white washed floors, 100 year old brick walls, 15 foot ceilings and softly filtered window light, provides a perfect environment for photoshoots, small scale video shoots, art exhibits and creative endeavours.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
The building contains 2 artists whose workshops are in the same building. Atelier 254 is located in the front of the building, with the artist workshops and the bathroom(s) located throughout the rest. We ask a few things to consider for your potential usage of the space:
*Failure to adhere to these space rules will result in the FULL loss of the damage deposit.*
1. NO shoes are to be worn in the bathroom or in any space outside of the area that you are using.
2. To NOT linger in the area outside the bathroom as it's not in the area you would be potentially renting and that space is where the artists leave their belongings.
3. If you have equipment/props brought in, please do NOT drag them on the ground as it can cause scratches. If damage happens (outside of what is already there which we are aware of) it would lead to a loss of your damage deposit.
4. After you have loaded in all your equipment/staff, the front door (street level) must be closed and KEPT LOCKED AT ALL TIMES DURING THE RENTAL. Unfortunately there are vagrants in the neighbourhood who capitalize on opportunities via open doors and can swiftly come in and steal items.
5. No usage of ANY items (chairs, tables, furniture etc) in the building aside from the space being rented.
Great hosts and location!
Having previously attended many events in this space I was very excited and honored to facilitate a workshop here myself. The beautiful natural light and very comfortable atmosphere was such a treat!
We rent this space for a photoshoot. The space is great with beautiful natural light. Very convenient location with all the amenities we need. Lex was also great in communication. Love this place! Highly recommended!
Amazing location and space—beautiful light. Highly recommend and would book again. Thanks :)
Wonderful space! Lots of room and big windows letting in tons of light!! Love everything about it.
Lex is communicative, clear and accomodating
Great studio space. Beautiful light and great location. Would book again. Thanks!
Lex's space was perfect for our video shoot. Everything was flawless and turned out exactly how we envisioned it! The space is just as beautiful as the pictures, I highly recommend it!
We used this space to film an interview and we left fairly disappointed. While the location itself is a neat, open environment - the location leaves A LOT to be desired for anything remotely creative. The main entrance (we were not made aware of any others) is a tiny corridor off the street that is hardly 4 feet wide, making it nearly impossible to bring anything in the realm of larger film equipment or personal furniture inside. The space also absolutely reeked of fish due to what I assume is poor ventilation (unit is directly overtop a fish market). The photos also didn't capture the space accurately - we were led to believe there was no seating in the space when there were two brown couches and a broken table with a wonky leg that had to be moved. Not a huge issue but definitely misleading. Our host also took 8+ hours at multiple times to respond to our inquiries via thisopenspace which is completely unacceptable. While all these issues may be subjective to some in terms of urgency - it should not be argued that by in far this space is vastly overpriced for the quality considered. There are a multitude of more affordable, accessible spaces within thisopenspace in Vancouver that I would recommend over this one from personal and peer experiences.
Great space, especially the natural light is amazing; very nice host! We forgot to bring the tools we needed, and Lex was so nice to help us find one from her storage! We will come back again for sure!
465 people saved this space