Space starts at a base rate of $250/day (10am till 5pm - any usage outside regular hours are an additional fee of $75.00 per hour). Please include your set-up and clean-up time.
We are a discreet little studio with a contemporary charm located in the heart of Vancouver's Chinatown district. Our new-fashioned atelier with white washed floors, 100 year old brick walls, 15 foot ceilings and softly filtered window light, provides a perfect environment for photoshoots, small scale video shoots, art exhibits and creative endeavours.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
The building contains 2 artists whose workshops are in the same building. Atelier 254 is located in the front of the building, with the artist workshops and the bathroom(s) located throughout the rest. We ask a few things to consider for your potential usage of the space:
*Failure to adhere to these space rules will result in the FULL loss of the damage deposit.*
1. NO shoes are to be worn in the bathroom or in any space outside of the area that you are using.
2. To NOT linger in the area outside the bathroom as it's not in the area you would be potentially renting and that space is where the artists leave their belongings.
3. If you have equipment/props brought in, please do NOT drag them on the ground as it can cause scratches. If damage happens (outside of what is already there which we are aware of) it would lead to a loss of your damage deposit.
4. After you have loaded in all your equipment/staff, the front door (street level) must be closed and KEPT LOCKED AT ALL TIMES DURING THE RENTAL. Unfortunately there are vagrants in the neighbourhood who capitalize on opportunities via open doors and can swiftly come in and steal items.
5. No usage of ANY items (chairs, tables, furniture etc) in the building aside from the space being rented.
This space was great, beautiful, and worth the price. I would like to note that this space is a personal residence, and because people live here there is quite a bit of in and out traffic. There was only a sheet up between the rental space and the other area and people came in and out through my shoot about 4/5 times that day while I was doing some pretty sensitive work where privacy was a priority. It does smell a little fishy on the way upstairs but you don’t notice it in the space. Heat was also an issue, even though we were dancing in there all day we were freezing. Knowing all this, I still would have rented this space- but would have been better prepared. So I hope that the next renter reads this and has a great experience!
Atelier 254 provided the perfect backdrop for our video shoot. It is a beautiful space full of character, with lots of natural light. Would definitely book it again!
Lex and JP were super helpful and easy to reach. The space was exactly as pictured! Would definitely use this space again.
Cool space shown exactly from his photos.
A rare gem of a space. Film folks, if you have any stunts that require wire rigging work, this place is perfect with all it's wooden beams and rafters.
The Space was very clean and great for our photoshoot. We would definitely shoot here again!
This was a perfect space for our photo shoot. Communication on arrival and departure was excellent. Thank you!
Lex was the perfect host. Very accommodating, responded quickly to any communications and our needs. The space was perfect for our event and I could see it being very versatile for other events. I would recommend Atelier 254 to anyone!
The space was exactly as expected. The big windows were amazing to use with nice soft light and the space was overall perfect for the photoshoot!
Nice space. Chose it for the light and windows.
365 people saved this space