Space starts at a base rate of $250/day (10am till 5pm - any usage outside regular hours are an additional fee of $75.00 per hour). Please include your set-up and clean-up time.
We are a discreet little studio with a contemporary charm located in the heart of Vancouver's Chinatown district. Our new-fashioned atelier with white washed floors, 100 year old brick walls, 15 foot ceilings and softly filtered window light, provides a perfect environment for photoshoots, small scale video shoots, art exhibits and creative endeavours.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
The building contains 2 artists whose workshops are in the same building. Atelier 254 is located in the front of the building, with the artist workshops and the bathroom(s) located throughout the rest. We ask a few things to consider for your potential usage of the space:
*Failure to adhere to these space rules will result in the FULL loss of the damage deposit.*
1. NO shoes are to be worn in the bathroom or in any space outside of the area that you are using.
2. To NOT linger in the area outside the bathroom as it's not in the area you would be potentially renting and that space is where the artists leave their belongings.
3. If you have equipment/props brought in, please do NOT drag them on the ground as it can cause scratches. If damage happens (outside of what is already there which we are aware of) it would lead to a loss of your damage deposit.
4. After you have loaded in all your equipment/staff, the front door (street level) must be closed and KEPT LOCKED AT ALL TIMES DURING THE RENTAL. Unfortunately there are vagrants in the neighbourhood who capitalize on opportunities via open doors and can swiftly come in and steal items.
5. No usage of ANY items (chairs, tables, furniture etc) in the building aside from the space being rented.
The space was exactly as expected. The big windows were amazing to use with nice soft light and the space was overall perfect for the photoshoot!
Nice space. Chose it for the light and windows.
Amazing space!! Love it!
Great space. A bit smaller than photo makes it appear so would suggest doing a site visit in advance if you really need to get perspective on size. Handy for our particular use is that the light fixtures/hanging lamp shades you see in the photo can be unplugged and removed if all put back the way it was found.
Great space! We used it for a small product photo shoot and loved using the brick wall for that. While there is a lot of natural light, it does only come from one side, so if you are planning to take photos, bring a reflector or additional lighting to help balance it out!
Atelier 254 is a beautiful space, even better in person. It brought on great vibes, big thanks to the sound system you can use. We used the space for a swimwear shoot, taking advantage of the big windows and natural light. I highly recommend this space for photo shoots. Lex and JP were easy to communicate with too. We’ll definitely plan to use the space for more shoots!
Great space for creative shoots! I would definitely book it again for another project.
Very lovely. Would recommend
This studio was perfect for our shoot. It's a beautiful space and worked for the look we wanted. We made a custom booking and Lex was great with accommodating us.
313 people saved this space