Space starts at a base rate of $250/day (10am till 5pm - any usage outside regular hours are an additional fee of $75.00 per hour). Please include your set-up and clean-up time.
We are a discreet little studio with a contemporary charm located in the heart of Vancouver's Chinatown district. Our new-fashioned atelier with white washed floors, 100 year old brick walls, 15 foot ceilings and softly filtered window light, provides a perfect environment for photoshoots, small scale video shoots, art exhibits and creative endeavours.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
The building contains 2 artists whose workshops are in the same building. Atelier 254 is located in the front of the building, with the artist workshops and the bathroom(s) located throughout the rest. We ask a few things to consider for your potential usage of the space:
*Failure to adhere to these space rules will result in the FULL loss of the damage deposit.*
1. Please take ALL your garbage & recycling with you or there will be a $50 fee.
2. To NOT linger in the area outside the bathroom as it's not in the area you would be potentially renting and that space is where the artists leave their belongings.
3. If you have equipment/props brought in, please do NOT drag them on the ground as it can cause scratches. If damage happens (outside of what is already there which we are aware of) it would lead to a loss of your damage deposit.
4. After you have loaded in all your equipment/staff, the front door (street level) must be closed and KEPT LOCKED AT ALL TIMES DURING THE RENTAL. This is a neighbourhood in transition and extra security measures need to be taken to insure nothing gets stolen.
5. No usage of ANY items (chairs, tables, furniture etc) in the building aside from what is in the space being rented.
6. Please respect the privacy of the artists in the space and let your production crew and talent know to not wander to the back of the studio where private studios are. Please stay in the designated rental area.
Beautiful space. Would definitely book it again!
It was a nice well lit space, Ive seen reviews about the fish smell but its not that bad and you’ll be wearing a mask anyway so you cant really smell it. Anyway overall experience was great!
Love working here so much. Very welcoming and respectful studio management. We have shot multiple projects here and plan to continue using the space for future ones.
It's a well lit space and looks exactly like in the pictures.
This was the perfect space for a photoshoot, lots of natural light and in a great location.
Overall we had a good experience as it is a beautiful space which is accurately described on website. However, the floors and walls are pretty scuffed up, which give a more vintage feel. Location is above a fish market and there is a strong smell of fish. Lighting is dependent on weather and time of day as there are large north facing windows, be sure to bring your own lighting.
The space was just what we’re looking for. Edgy and cool for a photoshoot. We got the fashionable aspects and rough on the edges. Nancy the host was very easy to contact and always available and very flexible. Really great space!
The space looks pretty much like the photos. Bright, natural lighting, which was amazing for our photo-shoot. As mentioned in other reviews, this space is above a fish market and the smell does travel up. We brought in scented candles and that solved the problem. Communication was easy with Nancy, Lex and JP. I would definitely book the space again.
Such a great space for our photoshoots. Offered variety of background with the brick wall, white wall and then the beautiful windows. Great lighting too, we only used our lights for a few shots. Highly recommend this space.
Great location! Really happy with how Lex handled the booking and communication, we will be back.
701 people saved this space