Space starts at a base rate of $250/day (10am till 5pm - any usage outside regular hours are an additional fee of $75.00 per hour). Please include your set-up and clean-up time.
We are a discreet little studio with a contemporary charm located in the heart of Vancouver's Chinatown district. Our new-fashioned atelier with white washed floors, 100 year old brick walls, 15 foot ceilings and softly filtered window light, provides a perfect environment for photoshoots, small scale video shoots, art exhibits and creative endeavours.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
The building contains 2 artists whose workshops are in the same building. Atelier 254 is located in the front of the building, with the artist workshops and the bathroom(s) located throughout the rest. We ask a few things to consider for your potential usage of the space:
*Failure to adhere to these space rules will result in the FULL loss of the damage deposit.*
1. NO shoes are to be worn in the bathroom or in any space outside of the area that you are using.
2. To NOT linger in the area outside the bathroom as it's not in the area you would be potentially renting and that space is where the artists leave their belongings.
3. If you have equipment/props brought in, please do NOT drag them on the ground as it can cause scratches. If damage happens (outside of what is already there which we are aware of) it would lead to a loss of your damage deposit.
4. After you have loaded in all your equipment/staff, the front door (street level) must be closed and KEPT LOCKED AT ALL TIMES DURING THE RENTAL. Unfortunately there are vagrants in the neighbourhood who capitalize on opportunities via open doors and can swiftly come in and steal items.
5. No usage of ANY items (chairs, tables, furniture etc) in the building aside from the space being rented.
This studio was perfect for our shoot. It's a beautiful space and worked for the look we wanted. We made a custom booking and Lex was great with accommodating us.
This was a great space for our photo shoot - bright spacious and easy to access. Would totally recommend it!
This space was perfect!! Spacious and bright, great for natural lighting photography. The curtains came in handy and even the ceilings for floral installations.
Great space and it was easy to communicate with the host.
Space was perfect. As pictured. As promised. Couldn't have asked for anything more. Highly recommend.
Loved this space, so dreamy!! Definitely using again
Great experience and a great space. Would (and will) use again.
This was my second time booking Atelier 254, albeit for completely different reasons. This time around, we needed a beautifully lit open space to for some photo and video media production and a larger team of around 8 people. Communication was easy and we were allowed to come in a little early to set up which was really kind! Highly recommend booking this space for a great experience.
Bright open space, however, not really suitable for more than a few hours of photoshoot production as amenities are very limited.
541 people saved this space