Centrally located between Gastown and Chinatown, our space features 1,700 sq ft street facing event space, including a front lounge, an open-concept space that can be fully customized, 2 small meeting rooms, 2 washrooms and a kitchenette.
This venue is a social space for exhibitions, readings, talks, launches, workshops, pop-up shops and more. The flexible street-level space is also great for photo shoots, small-scale conferences, professional development seminars and team building retreats. Our place is a flexible space for your event.
• Central downtown location, only 1 block away from Stadium-Chinatown skytrain station
• A venue space that can accommodate anywhere from as little as 10 people to a maximum of 100 standing
• Unlimited wifi
• Presentation style seating for 40 people
• Access to both meeting rooms (6 people per space) for breakout sessions/training
• Long-table workshop set-up for up to 20 people
• Access to kitchenette
For an additional cost, we can provide the following to enhance the event experience for you and your guests. Let us know if you're interested in any of the following!
• Access to an unlimited coffee and tea making station for your guests
• Presentation style seating for up to 60 people
• Audio/Visual set-up including projector, screen, microphone and speaker system
• Dedicated Audio/Visual technician
• Reputable DJ services can be provided for your cocktail/corporate party, with custom playlist if required!
• The ‘work essentials’ meeting pack including pens, pencils, sticky notes, easel, markers
• Planning and production service; we’ll handle all of your logistics, budgeting, vendor bookings and more!
Cleaning Fee: $80
Minimum Booking: 4 hours
Full refund within 48 hours of payment + $2,000,000 Host Insurance.
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace.Learn more
Smaller bookings of under 25 people for partial use of the space can be discussed. Just ask us!
1. If you would like to serve liquor, you must obtain a Special Event Permit and there will be an increased cleaning fee. We can also coordinate a paid bar service on your behalf, please let us know!
2. If you serve any form of drinks or catering it will incur an increased cleaning fee.
3. A minimum rental fee of $500 is applicable to Friday and Saturday evening.
4. Renters are permitted to leave 2 bags of garbage per day, there is VERY limited on-site disposal. All other garbage and recycling must be taken at the end of the event, otherwise the renter will be subject to a $50 charge from the deposit.
5. Renters can bring in their own AV equipment.
Protected by $2,000,000 Host Insurance
Every booking on thisopenspace includes liability coverage, at no additional cost.
Sean was absolutely fabulous to deal with and went above and beyond in his support of our event! Our customers were super impressed with the space and our experience using it was fantastic!
Fantastic host. Very responsive and proactive. The space was everything as described.
We had an excellent experience hosting our fundraising event here. Sean and Lisa were very responsive to questions, and made everything from site visit to booking the space, to using the space, very seamless and straightforward. The space itself is well-kept, very flexible for different types of events, and in a very central location. Thanks again!
Sean was an amazing host who went above and beyond what was asked to ensure we were happy with the venue. Not only did he help provide suggestions to best utilize the space, he also pitched in to help us organize at the beginning. We will definitely be reaching back out to Sean for our next event!
Quick communication and organization. Very easy working experience with both Sean and his colleague Lisa. Will definitely go to them and this space for future events.
33 people saved this space