Spacious Photo Studio In Downtown Van
Ark Studio is established by artists. We understand the process behind the camera and aim to integrate our space smoothly for your next shoot.
Our facility is approximately 2200 sq ft with an 18 ft ceiling. About 1500 sqft shooting area and 700 sqft vanity room, perfect for hair, makeup, and wardrobe styling. We also offer in-house photography rentals gear (for an additional fee) if requested. It is clean, spacious, and built for photo or video shoots. The studio is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver.
Day rate is listed as a 10 hour day to allow time for setup and takedown.
No events, parties, and pets allowed.
COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Our studio has implemented preventative measures to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. By providing a clean and sanitary facility upon initial delivery to all rental clients, and by implementing and requesting adherence by all studio attendees to the following guidelines and recommended best practices.
All studio attendees are required to stay informed regarding current sanitation, social distancing, and protocols related to the health and safety concerns of COVID-19, as communicated by the Provincial Health Organization and Worksafe BC.
We continue to provide your production team with the clean and tidy facilities you’ve come to expect, with the following added sanitary protocols:
- Sanitized high-touch surfaces prior to your arrival
- Hand soap/sanitizers at every sink
- Single-use hand towels at every sink
- COVID-related signage throughout the studio
- Sanitized stands / c-stands / rollers
- Quarantine day between rentals, whenever possible
- Temporal lobe thermometer, masks, gloves, and sanitizer available for use if needed.
Doing your part:
You are required to adhere to any and all local government public health directives in place at the time of your rental and to provide all personal protective equipment (PPE) and sanitary supplies to your crew, talent, clients, and guests.
Best practices include, but are not limited to:
- Max occupancy: 12 persons in the studio
- Maintain a physical distance with a minimum of 6 feet from others at all times
- Ill or symptomatic persons will be denied entry and/or excused
- Wear appropriate face coverings/shields
- Avoid touching face, mouth, nose & eyes
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Use hand sanitizer frequently before and after touching high-traffic surfaces
- Disinfect high-traffic surfaces frequently (including photo and lighting equipment)
- Provide and use single-use, pre-packaged food & beverage, utensils, and cups
- Have a plan and communicate it to your team.
- Operate a check-in procedure to verify the compliance, preparedness, and wellness of all attendees
- Appoint a Health & Safety Officer to maintain compliance of all attendees and a clean & sanitary work environment
- Supply ample and appropriate face coverings and PPE for all present
- Supply hand sanitizer for all present
- Supply & employ disinfecting wipes or approved disinfectants to frequently disinfect high-touch surfaces
- Limit the number of people handling/touching equipment
- Maintain physical distance except when absolutely necessary
- Attendees who have recently arrived in BC must quarantine for a minimum of 14 days before admission to the studio.
- Attendees arriving via public transportation, car-share, or other means which cannot maintain infection control standards must bring a sealed change of clothes.
- Please stagger the arrival times of all attendees to avoid congestion at the entrance.
- Please stagger meal breaks to maintain social distance and limit the number of people removing masks at any given time.
- Please limit talking while not wearing a mask (including while eating.)
- Please advise attendees to exercise infection control procedures when using restrooms (Disinfect. Use. Disinfect.)
- Please dispose of all trash, recyclables, and used/contaminated PPE in the properly-identified receptacles.COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Cleaning Fee: $50
Minimum Booking: 2 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
COVID-19 Safety Plan
We ask that everyone follows these measures (as per the BC Centre for Disease Control & WorkSafeBC):
Vigorous screening must be done by the renter with everyone entering the studio. The following cannot enter the studio:
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days including fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache
- Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada or who has had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 must self-isolate for 14 days
At the studio please:
- Wash/sanitize your hands upon your arrival
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unsanitized hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Keep a 6-foot distance between everyone at all times and wear a mask. Mask wearing is mandatory at all times except for photography subjects having their makeup done and their photo taken
A complete contact list of all individuals present on set, the times they were present, and their roles, must be maintained by the renter to facilitate contact tracing in the event of a positive case. This contact sheet should include names, phone numbers, and addresses and be kept for 30 days after the shoot date.
The space is always a pleasure to use! And the host is great! First time shooting video here and it was amazing. Such a large space and great to have hmu in the other room!
Noah was great to communicate with. The space is in a great location and is very spacious. The fact that it had a makeup room and dress areas was perfect. Will definite book here again! Great space for studio photography. The space was also very private which was a nice touch.
This space is great. The studio was spacious, versatile, and perfect for my needs. Noah was an awesome host. He is very quick and concise with correspondence, and diligent with his safety protocols / cleanliness. All in all, this was an awesome and easy studio rental!
The space was perfect! Noah was very helpful and pleasant. Amazing experience! Can’t wait to use it again.
This space is like a secret gem! It's AMAZiNG!! We love how clean it is and it's also nicely huge. We were surprised at how much bigger it is in person. Booking the place was super easy and love the Espresso Coffee too! Highly recommend this space!
Noah was extremely accommodating and quick to respond to any questions. The studio was perfect and clean with great amenities. I can’t wait to shoot here again.
9 people saved this space