Cool Vibey Rock Space In Hells Kitchen
Very cool, vibey rock space in the heart of Hell's Kitchen... use for small event, photo/film shoot, pop up, podcast, gallery, client meetings, biz event, etc. The space is located in the world famous “Music Building”, former musical home of Madonna, Blondie, Billy Idol, Interpol and Metallica to name a few.
The soundproofed space was used as a Rock Music School since 2009, so it has memorabilia, posters, X-Mas lights as the main lighting, no windows, and the lived-in authentic feel of an old school NYC Rock club. Before that, the space was the practice space for the band The Strokes, and dating back to the 80's it was a jam room for the whole building, where the likes of Peter Tosh and Keith Richards jammed. So there is a lot of good Rock mojo in the space. The main room is 400 square feet, but there are two small "lobby" areas, with couches/chairs for additional seating.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Minimum Booking: 4 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
The space comes as is, and guests are fully responsible for clean-up. PA is available for all events, with connector for smart-phone/laptop/DJ equip, etc. Full backline (drums, amps, keys) are broken down for events to allow for more space for the event, but are available at an additional fee if requested.
The space is located on 8th Ave bet 38/39 St, in the heart of Hell's Kitchen/Midtown West and therefore does not have any street parking, but there are plenty of parking garages/lots in the area. The space is one flight up from the ground floor, accessible via one set of stairs.
The Superintendent of the building is on hand and on-call for all events in the space, and is included in the fee. He will help with questions in the space/building, guests, security, and any issues that might arise during the event, to help make it a successful event.
* Please note that event time booked includes set-up/clean-up.
* Guest who booked the event is solely responsible for the space during event and clean-up. The space must be left in the exact same condition/layout as it was at the start of the event or a clean-up fee will be issued.
* Guest who booked the event must be present for the entire event and is in charge of all guests and their conduct, and let them know of the space rules. If someone abuses the space in any way, or becomes an issue or liability, they must be removed from the building.
- NO SMOKING in any area of the space (but there is a smoking area on the floor above space).
- NO BEVERAGES ON ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT in the space.
- ONLY 21+ can consume alcohol at an event where it is provided.
- SUPERINTENDENT ON DUTY for the event is there to ensure safety, and therefore has the right to remove anyone who might become an issue or liability, as well as cap the event if it goes beyond capacity.
- IF GUEST NEEDS SOMETHING MOVED in the space, Superintendent must be asked to ensure no damage to the space
- X-mas lights in main room must all remain as is and not partially unplugged. If Guest prefers to have them all off, they can, but must provide lighting.
- Everything on walls must remain as is and not removed or damaged.
- No confetti or decorations that might cause damage to the space.
- Must throw out all garbage in front trash can, then take all trash downstairs to the lobby and leave next to main trash can.
- Room must be left completely clean and in the same condition it was found in. There is a vacuum available if needed.
1 person saved this space