Cool Vibey Rock Space In Hells Kitchen
Park Slope - Brooklyn, NY
Events, Meetings, Production
Very cool, vibey rock space in the heart of Hell's Kitchen... use for photo shoot, pop up, gallery, client meetings, biz event, small party/music jam, etc.
The space is located in the world famous “Music Building”, former musical home of Madonna, The New York Dolls, and Aerosmith to name a few. The space was used as a Rock Music School since 2009, so it has memorabilia, posters, X-Mas lights as the main lighting, no windows, and the lived-in authentic feel of an old school NYC Rock club. Before that, the space was the practice space for the band The Strokes, and dating back to the 80's it was a jam room for the whole building, where the likes of Peter Tosh and Keith Richards jammed. So there is a lot of good Rock mojo in the space.
The main room is 400 square feet, but there are two small "lobby" areas, with couches/chairs for additional seating. There is a full musical backline (drums, amps, PA, keys) available for guests who want a band to perform or have a jam, or just as backdrop for the event/shoot to add to the vibe.
Amenities & Features
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Minimum Booking: 4 hours
Can be rented till late at night
Furniture can be rearranged
The space comes as is, and guests are fully responsible for clean-up. Full backline (drums, amps, PA, keys) is available for guests who want a band to perform or have a jam at an additional fee, or just as backdrop for the event/shoot. If guests are not using the musical equipment, please note that the equipment can be broken down to allow for more space for the event.
The space is located on 8th Ave, in the heart of Hell's Kitchen/Midtown West and therefore does not have any street parking, but there are plenty of parking garages/lots in the area. The space is one flight up from the ground floor, accessible via one set of stairs.
- person who is responsible for the booking is solely responsible for the space during event
- person who is responsible for the booking must be present for the entire event and in charge of all guests and their conduct. If someone abuses the space in any way, or becomes an issue or liability, they must be removed from the building.
- if the space is left unattended for any reason throughout event, space must be shutdown and front door must be locked.
- person responsible for the booking must follow shutdown/lock procedure to make sure everything is turned off and door is locked upon leaving.
- NO SMOKING in any area of the space (but there is a smoking area on the floor above space).
- NO BEVERAGES ON ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT in the space.
- NO ONE UNDER 21 allowed at any event that includes alcohol.
- must throw out all garbage in front trash can, then take all trash downstairs to the lobby and leave next to main trash can.
- make sure room is left completely clean and in the same condition you found it in. - make sure all gear is in the same place you found it in. - put back mic stands in front of PA and make sure amp cables are properly coiled back on top of amps, not strewn across the floor.
- again, person who is responsible for key is responsible for full shutdown of amps, pa, space, ac, lights, etc, and locking the space when leaving.
Protected by $2,000,000 Host Insurance
Every booking on thisopenspace includes liability coverage, at no additional cost.