BRIGHT CLEAN AFFORDABLE
The sun filled and open industrial space is conveniently located at Eglinton & Laird. This accessibly priced studio features 450 square feet of working space, 12' high ceilings, and large 7' x 9' south facing window with black out curtains installed. Within the 650 square feet of air conditioned space the studio includes a washroom and kitchenette with bar fridge, microwave, kitchen utensils as well as a kettle, and coffeemaker.
->FREE PARKING in the building's parking lot.
->The studio is exclusively for rentals and NOT a live-in space.
Capacity limit of five people.
Thoroughly cleaned between bookings.
DAY RATES ( 8 HOURS ) - $210
For all uses except large video productions of 6 or more people.
Hourly rate $40/hr.
Bookings of 4 hours or less must end by 1:30pm or start after 1:30pm.
VIDEO PRODUCTION - DAY RATE ( 8 HOURS ) - $295
For larger video productions of 6 + people.
Hourly rate $45.
->-> FULL DAY rentals required on the WEEKENDS.
$5/day; large groups +10 $10/day
Video - small, low key productions
Workshops or Gallery events
Casting calls or Rehearsals
Video: Recording sound is not ideal as there is potential for minor interior and exterior ambient noises. However, many clients have rented the space to record sound with no issue.
ACCESS: The studio is located on the second floor with stair access only.
LOCATION: The studio is located in TORONTO not Richmond Hill where there is another Industrial Street. In Google Maps the location is consider to be in Toronto's East York neighbourhood, but locally it is know as Leaside.
PROHIBITED USE: Daylight Studio is NOT suitable for
Live or DJ music or High intensity/loud music video productions or use.
STUDIO RENTAL INCLUDES:
The equipment below comes standard with the studio rental. All equipment may be removed upon request.
4 large light stands
4 small light stands
1 "C" stand, with knuckle & two grip arms
1 telescopic background pole
2 "V" flats
“A” clamps (4 large & 6 medium)
4 sandbags, 2 full apple boxes
Garment rack and steamer
Mirror 14" x 50" (movable)
1 six-foot tables (with table cloths)
1 four-foot table (suitable for make-up)
6 chairs and 2 stools
3 AC cables
three step stepladder
Additional equipment is also included with the studio rental but must be requested in advance: 2 master stands, 2 small stands, 2 grip arms with 1 knuckles, 1 boom on rolling stand, 1 telescopic background pole, 6 sandbags, 2 six foot work tables, 16 chairs, 2 fans and a eight-foot ladder.
GEAR TO RENT:
- 2400 w/s ProAcute pack*, with 3 heads with standard reflectors, 1 head extension, pocket wizard, 2 umbrella, softboxes (small 2'x3', 5' octagon, 7' octagon) and two adapter rings; $70 full day, $40 partial day.
- Two 11'x11' black clothes (backdrops); $30 for one, $50 for two including set-up and removal.
*Requires working knowledge of strobe equipment.
White noseam $6/linear foot.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Cleaning Fee: $30
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
During the lockdown, the number of people in the studio is limited to a maximum of FIVE at one time. You may change-up who those individuals as long as there is no more than five people in the studio. People waiting to enter the studio cannot wait in the hallway and are required to wait at the main entrance.
-> Please keep in mind that it is your responsibility to abide by the government rules that apply while working in the studio.
*** Please note MASKS MUST BE WORN when entering the building and in all the public spaces, stairs, and hallways. In the studio, it is up to you once I leave. ***
7. WORKING IN THE STUDIO:
• Please be mindful of the other tenants and play music only at a reasonable level.
• The door to the studio is always to be kept closed.
• Use of the studio before 8am and after 8pm is restricted to quieter activities.
• Use of smoke or haze machines must be discussed in advance.
• Please inform guests ahead of time to bring clean, indoor shoes or slippers. Especially during rainy days and winter months when we have a strict 'no outdoor shoes policy' due to puddles left behind by slush.
• Dogs are permitted ONLY with advance notice. A $50 charge will be deducted from your deposit for cleaning-up EACH soiling made by your pooch.
8. PROHIBITED IN THE STUDIO:
• No Live or DJ music.
• No external speakers permitted*. Please use only Bluetooth speaker provide. (* Video Productions: Small playback speakers set low are permitted. Please enquiry, thank-you. )
• No High intensity/loud music video productions or use.
• No smoking of any kind.
• No alcohol without prior agreement.
• No pets without prior agreement.
• No partying.
• No nails, screws, staples or penetrating items should be used on our walls. Any tape or gummed backing materials must be properly removed. To hang artwork please use re-moveable Velcro strips or cable from the ceiling rafters that work great for this purpose.
• Absolutely no photography, filming, noise, loitering, storing things or putting up signs in the shared communal space of the building (hallways, stairs). These are not to be used as an extension of the studio space. The rental of space is for this studio only. Do not disrupt the residential neighbours who live/work here during all hours.
• NO GLITTER, fake snowflakes, confetti or any other similar material. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL FORFEIT YOUR ENTIRE SECURITY DEPOSIT OR $100 CLEANING FEE.
• We do not permit the studio to be used for any pornographic content.
9. CLEANING UP:
• The studio MUST BE RETURNED TO ITS ORIGINAL CONFIGURATION - tables, gear, etc... Please refer to pictures of original set-up located beside the front door.
• Please respect the space and put garbage in the garbage can. If it does not fit, there then it goes in the designated dumpster outside in the parking lot.
• Cleaning & maintenance fee is for regular tidying and upkeep, not for cleaning up messes. Cleaning supplies (broom, mop & bucket) can be found in the washroom.
• If you leave a mess, you will be charged $75 or more cleaning fee claimed against your security deposit.
• If you make marks on the walls such as footprints, you will be charged a $25-$75 cleaning fee claimed against your security deposit. Please use the Magic Eraser and a little Fantastic located in the kitchenette to remove marks left on the wall.
10. IT’S A WRAP:
Your time in studio ends as detailed in the reservation, which is expected to reflect when you are packed and ready to leave. Studio staff will be there to check you out of the space.
*** Self check-out is NOT AVAILABLE. ***
IF YOU EXPECT TO FINISH EARLY please let us know 60 MINUTES IN ADVANCE of your early departure, and we may be able to accommodate it. Likewise, if you require more time in the studio please LET US KNOW 60 MINUTES IN ADVANCE and we may be able to accommodate an extension.
Additional time in studio is $40/hr ($45/hr for larger video productions) and must be paid in cash or e-transfer at the end of your session.
11. HEATING AND COOLING: Please set the heating and cooling units, as necessary.
12. KITCHENETTE: Please put any used dishes and glassware in the white tub in the shower: no need to clean them.
13. ELECTRICAL PANEL or FUSE BOX: It is located to left of the door behind the wooden panel.
Suggestions to improve the studio experience are always welcome, and we look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy your time in Daylight Studio!
Amazing space. Very simple but you can use it in many different ways! Amazing day light.
Horst was very accommodating and helpful! The Daylight studio is exactly as shown in the pictures, clean and perfect for what I was looking for. I will definitely be use this space again!
I had booked Daylight Studio for a product shoot and it was simply perfect. The crisp white walls and tons of natural light really made for the perfect day. Horst was great host, super helpful, responsive and accommodating! I would definitely consider Daylight Studio for my next shoot!
This was my second time at Daylight Studio and i'm certain there will many more visits. Excellent studio and host with great value for the price. Horst is a prompt communicator who does his best to anticipate the needs of his guests. I look forward to my next visit.
Horst has great communication, and is very accommodating. His studio offers great natural light and lots of space. Recommended!
Beautiful space. Will be using again!
Horst was very kind & helpful. He gave us a tour to let us know where everything was & how to use it. The place was very clean.
Very clean, professional space with prompt and courteous proprietor. Its excellent for natural light shooting as well as studio. I would absolutely rent this space again.
exactly as described beautiful natural light Horst was easy to reach and coordinate.
Horst is an amazing host! the place is fantastic. Definitely recommended for any filming or photography needs.
532 people saved this space