Daylight Studio is OPEN
Bright, open industrial space conveniently located at Eglinton & Laird. This accessibly priced studio features with 450 square feet of working space, 12' high ceilings, and large 7' x 9' south facing window and AC units to keep it cool in the summer. Plenty of natural light with black out curtains installed. Within the 650 space of the studio is a 3 piece washroom and kitchenette with bar fridge, microwave, kitchen utensils as well as a kettle, and coffeemaker. Free parking in front of building.
DAY RATES ( 8 HOURS ) - $180
additional hour $30/hr
HOURLY RATE: $30/hr
3 hour minimum, ONLY available week day.
VIDEO PRODUCTION DAY RATE ( 8 HOURS ) - $250
for larger productions of 5 + people
additional hourly rate $35
Video - small, low key productions
Video: Shoots with sound recording is not recommended as there is potential for minor interior and exterior ambient noises. However, many clients have rented the space to record sound with no issue.
ACCESS: The studio is located on the second floor with stair access only.
LOCATION: The studio is located in Toronto not Richmond Hill where there is another Industrial Street. In Google Maps the location is consider to be in Toronto's East York neighbourhood, but locally it is know as Leaside.
PROHIBITED USE: Daylight Studio is NOT suitable for
Live or DJ music or High intensity/loud music video productions or use.
STUDIO RENTAL INCLUDES:
4 large light stands
4 small light stands
1 "C" stand, with knuckle & two grip arms
1 boom on rolling stand
1 telescopic background pole
2 "V" flats
4 sandbags, 2 full apple boxes
Garment rack and steamer
3 six foot work tables
1 four foot work table
22 chairs and 2 stools
3 AC cables
three & ten foot ladders
GEAR TO RENT:
- 2400 w/s ProAcute pack*, with 3 heads with standard reflectors, 1 head extension, pocket wizard, 2 umbrella, softboxes (small 2'x3', 5' octagon, 7' octagon) and two adapter rings.
- Two 12'x12' black clothes (backdrops).
- Additional: stands, sandbags, telescopic background pole.
*Requires working knowledge of strobe equipment.
White noseam $6/linear foot. No charge for noseam that is hung vertically, and undamaged.
Monthly: not available
Cleaning Fee: $30
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
6. WORKING IN THE STUDIO:
• Please be mindful of the other tenants and play music only at a reasonable level.
• The door to the studio is to be kept closed at all times.
• There is no studio Wi-Fi.
• Use of smoke or haze machines must be discussed in advance.
• Please inform guests ahead of time to bring clean, indoor shoes or slippers. Especially during rainy days and winter months when we have a strict 'no outdoor shoes policy' due to puddles left behind by slush.
7. PROHIBITED IN THE STUDIO:
• Live or DJ music.
• High intensity/loud music video productions or use.
• No smoking of any kind.
• No alcohol without prior agreement.
• No partying.
• Absolutely no photography, filming, noise, loitering, storing things or putting up signs in the shared communal space of the building (hallways, stairs) is not to be used as an extension of the studio space. The rental of space is for this studio only. Do not disrupt the residential neighbours who live/work there during all hours.
• We do not permit the studio to be used for any pornographic content.
8. CLEANING UP:
• Cleaning & maintenance fee is for regular tidying and upkeep, not for cleaning up messes. Cleaning supplies (broom, mop & bucket) can be found in the washroom.
• Please respect the space and put garbage in the garbage can. If it does not fit, there then it goes in the designated dumpster outside in the parking lot.
• If you leave a mess, you will be charged $75 cleaning fee claimed against your security deposit.
• If you make marks on the walls such as foot prints, you will be charged a $25-$75 cleaning fee claimed against your security deposit.
If you have any questions regarding the above please do not hesitate to contact me.
Horst was a great host– very easy to communicate with and very accommodating. The space is clean, organized and worked really well for my photoshoot. Excellent value.
The studio was perfectly suited to my needs for a portrait photo shoot. The large, south-facing, windows ensured there was ample natural light all day. Horst was very easy to communicate with and very accommodating as well. I look forward to using this space again in the future to continue my portrait series.
Very accommodating, the natural light in the studio is amazing! Great space to work in
Horst was punctual and extremely helpful in making sure we were comfortable in the space. Would definitely book again!
Horst is an amazing host, this was my second time shooting at the studio and I will definitely be back for a third time
The space was great and Horst was very accommodating!
Amazing studio, amazing value, all the amenities we could have asked for, and a very kind host. Will definitely recommend for other photographers!
Well lit space with sufficient space. Thank you
Fantastic space, looks exactly like the photos
343 people saved this space