Daylight Studio is OPEN
Bright, open industrial space conveniently located at Eglinton & Laird. This accessibly priced studio features 450 square feet of working space, 12' high ceilings, and large 7' x 9' south facing window with black out curtains installed. Within the 650 square feet of air conditioned space the studio includes a 3 piece washroom and kitchenette with bar fridge, microwave, kitchen utensils as well as a kettle, and coffeemaker.
->FREE PARKING in the building's parking lot.
Profile picture note: The AC units have been permanently removed and the window is as shown in the main profile image.
DAY RATES ( 8 HOURS ) - $195
additional hour $35/hr
HOURLY RATE: $35/hr
3 hour minimum, ONLY available week day.
VIDEO PRODUCTION DAY RATE ( 8 HOURS ) - $250
for larger productions of 5 + people
additional hourly rate $40
Video - small, low key productions
Casting calls or Rehearsals
Video: Shoots with sound recording is not recommended as there is potential for minor interior and exterior ambient noises. However, many clients have rented the space to record sound with no issue.
ACCESS: The studio is located on the second floor with stair access only.
LOCATION: The studio is located in TORONTO not Richmond Hill where there is another Industrial Street. In Google Maps the location is consider to be in Toronto's East York neighbourhood, but locally it is know as Leaside.
PROHIBITED USE: Daylight Studio is NOT suitable for
Live or DJ music or High intensity/loud music video productions or use.
STUDIO RENTAL INCLUDES:
The equipment below comes standard with the studio rental. All equipment may be removed upon request.
4 large light stands
4 small light stands
1 "C" stand, with knuckle & two grip arms
1 telescopic background pole
2 "V" flats
“A” clamps (4 large & 6 medium)
2 super clamps with 1 magic arm,
4 sandbags, 2 full apple boxes
Garment rack and steamer
Mirror 14" x 50" (movable)
1 six-foot tables (with table clothe)
1 four-foot table (suitable for make-up)
6 chairs and 2 stools
3 AC cables
Additional equipment is also included with the studio rental but must be requested in advance: 3 master stands, 2 small stands, 2 grip arms with 1 knuckles, 1 boom on rolling stand, 1 telescopic background pole, 6 sandbags, 2 six foot work tables, 16 chairs, additional “A” clamps, and a ten-foot ladder.
GEAR TO RENT:
- 2400 w/s ProAcute pack*, with 3 heads with standard reflectors, 1 head extension, pocket wizard, 2 umbrella, softboxes (small 2'x3', 5' octagon, 7' octagon) and two adapter rings; $60 full day, $40 partial day.
- Two 12'x12' black clothes (backdrops); $30 for one, $50 for two including set-up and removal.
*Requires working knowledge of strobe equipment.
White noseam $6/linear foot. No charge for noseam that is hung vertically (i.e. doesn't touch the floor), and undamaged.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Cleaning Fee: $30
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
*** Please note MASKS MUST BE WORN when entering the building and in all the public spaces, stairs, and hallways. In the studio, it is up to you once I leave. ***
6. WORKING IN THE STUDIO:
• Please be mindful of the other tenants and play music only at a reasonable level.
• The door to the studio is to be kept closed at all times.
• There is NO studio Wi-Fi.
• Use of smoke or haze machines must be discussed in advance.
• Please inform guests ahead of time to bring clean, indoor shoes or slippers. Especially during rainy days and winter months when we have a strict 'no outdoor shoes policy' due to puddles left behind by slush.
• Dogs are permitted ONLY with advance notice. A $50 charge will be deducted from your deposit for cleaning-up EACH soiling made by your pooch.
7. PROHIBITED IN THE STUDIO:
• Live or DJ music.
• High intensity/loud music video productions or use.
• No smoking of any kind.
• No alcohol without prior agreement.
• No partying.
• Nails may NOT be used to hang art work or any other purposes. All damages will be claimed on your deposit. (To hang art work please use re-moveable Velcro strips or cable from the ceiling rafters that work great for this purpose.
• Absolutely no photography, filming, noise, loitering, storing things or putting up signs in the shared communal space of the building (hallways, stairs) is not to be used as an extension of the studio space. The rental of space is for this studio only. Do not disrupt the residential neighbours who live/work there during all hours.
• If you use of glitter, fake snow flakes, or any other similar material you must fully sweep and mop the floor. Failure to do so will incur a $40 charge.
• We do not permit the studio to be used for any pornographic content.
8. CLEANING UP:
• Cleaning & maintenance fee is for regular tidying and upkeep, not for cleaning up messes. Cleaning supplies (broom, mop & bucket) can be found in the washroom.
• Please respect the space and put garbage in the garbage can. If it does not fit, there then it goes in the designated dumpster outside in the parking lot.
• If you leave a mess, you will be charged $75 cleaning fee claimed against your security deposit.
• If you make marks on the walls such as foot prints, you will be charged a $25-$75 cleaning fee claimed against your security deposit.
If you have any questions regarding the above please do not hesitate to contact me.
The studio was exactly what we needed and was clean and organized. Horst was prompt, easy to communicate with and very kind. 10/10 review.
Horst is an excellent host, he is prompt in his response, friendly and genuine person. He will accommodate all the requirements. This place is amazing one of my guest also liked it and planning to host their party soon. Thank you Horst!
Horst was a great host! Super easy to set up and communicate. Even had self-checkout which was appreciated especially during these COVID times. Would definitely book again!
Horst was great, he was so accommodating!
Amazing space and host. Extremely clean and organized space. Incredible host.
We loved this space! It was perfect for our small photoshoot - all the equipment was really appreciated too so we didn't have to bring as much as we usually do for shoots. Horst was at the space when we arrived to give us a quick orientation, and he was super easy to communicate with and very quick to respond to all my questions. Thank you, and we hope to come back again for our next shoot!
Horst was a great host. Very accommodating for my circumstance plus he was super easy to contact. Everything in the space was straight forward! Thanks again!
Great spot! Horst was well organized and made it very easy to feel comfortable shooting in this space!
Extremely easy to work with!
410 people saved this space