Bright, open industrial space conveniently located at Eglinton & Laird. This accessibly priced studio features with 450 square feet of working space, 12' high ceilings, and large 7' x 9' south facing window and AC units to keep it cool in the summer. Plenty of natural light with black out curtains installed. Within the 650 space of the studio is a 3 piece washroom and kitchenette with bar fridge, microwave, kitchen utensils as well as a kettle, and coffeemaker. Free parking in front of building.
DAY RATES ( 8 HOURS ) - $180
additional hour $30/hr
HOURLY RATE: $30/hr
3 hour minimum, ONLY available week day.
VIDEO PRODUCTION DAY RATE ( 8 HOURS ) - $250
for larger productions of 5 + people
additional hourly rate $35
Video - small, low key productions
Video: Shoots with sound recording is not recommended as there is potential for minor interior and exterior ambient noises. However, many clients have rented the space to record sound with no issue.
ACCESS: The studio is located on the second floor with stair access only.
LOCATION: The studio is located in Toronto not Richmond Hill where there is another Industrial Street. In Google Maps the location is consider to be in Toronto's East York neighbourhood, but locally it is know as Leaside.
PROHIBITED USE: Daylight Studio is NOT suitable for
Live or DJ music or High intensity/loud music video productions or use.
STUDIO RENTAL INCLUDES:
4 large light stands
3 small light stands
1 "C" stand, with knuckle & two grip arms
1 boom on rolling stand
1 telescopic background pole
3 "V" flats
4 sandbags, 2 full apple boxes
Garment rack and steamer
3 six foot work tables
1 four foot work table
22 chairs and 2 stools
3 AC cables
three & ten foot ladders
GEAR TO RENT:
- 2400 w/s ProAcute pack*, with 3 heads with standard reflectors, 1 head extension, pocket wizard, 2 umbrella, softboxes (small 2'x3', 5' octagon, 7' octagon) and two adapter rings.
- Two 12'x12' black clothes (backdrops).
- Additional: stands, sandbags, telescopic background pole.
*Requires working knowledge of strobe equipment.
White noseam $6/linear foot. No charge for noseam that is hung vertically, and undamaged.
Monthly: not available
Cleaning Fee: $30
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
6. WORKING IN THE STUDIO:
• Please be mindful of the other tenants and play music only at a reasonable level.
• The door to the studio is to be kept closed at all times.
• There is no studio Wi-Fi.
• Use of smoke or haze machines must be discussed in advance.
• Please inform guests ahead of time to bring clean, indoor shoes or slippers. Especially during rainy days and winter months when we have a strict 'no outdoor shoes policy' due to puddles left behind by slush.
7. PROHIBITED IN THE STUDIO:
• Live or DJ music.
• High intensity/loud music video productions or use.
• No smoking of any kind.
• No alcohol without prior agreement.
• No partying.
• Absolutely no photography, filming, noise, loitering, storing things or putting up signs in the shared communal space of the building (hallways, stairs) is not to be used as an extension of the studio space. The rental of space is for this studio only. Do not disrupt the residential neighbours who live/work there during all hours.
• We do not permit the studio to be used for any pornographic content.
8. CLEANING UP:
• Cleaning & maintenance fee is for regular tidying and upkeep, not for cleaning up messes. Cleaning supplies (broom, mop & bucket) can be found in the washroom.
• Please respect the space and put garbage in the garbage can. If it does not fit, there then it goes in the designated dumpster outside in the parking lot.
• If you leave a mess, you will be charged $75 cleaning fee claimed against your security deposit.
• If you make marks on the walls such as foot prints, you will be charged a $25-$75 cleaning fee claimed against your security deposit.
If you have any questions regarding the above please do not hesitate to contact me.
Very nice space, accompanied with a very nice host.
This space was clean and bright and exactly as advertised. Horst is super organized and kind. A special gem in Toronto for sure!
Horst is a fantastic host! I've booked Daylight Studio twice now, and have had a positive experience both times. The space is great for natural lighting, it offers room to move around, and it's always clean. We will definitly use this space again for future shoots!
Owner was very kind and answered everything throughly. The space was exactly what we needed in terms of space (we had about 8 people) and aesthetics. The lighting from the giant window is also a plus!
Horst is a very efficient and easy to work with host. He responded quickly and is very helpful in planning any production. The space has all the amenities you need and is ready for the shoot day.
Great studio...endless possibilities for creatives.
Great studio equipped with lots we can use from equipment, a kitchenette and bathroom. Horst was so friendly and accommodating! Wish there was wifi but other than that it was a great use of space.
This is a great easy to use space. Beautiful natural light and clean white walls. Horst was super responsive to questions and concerns. Will definitely rent again!!
Everything as shown and expected.
It’s bright, clean, warm and cozy. I’m very happy to found this studio for my small group meeting. The studio faces to south, so it’s full of natural light all day long. Horst is very friendly and very easy to communicate with. I’m very happy for my first experience! :) :) :)
310 people saved this space