BRIGHT CLEAN AFFORDABLE
The sun filled and open industrial space is conveniently located at Eglinton & Laird. This accessibly priced studio features 450 square feet of working space, 12' high ceilings, and large 7' x 9' south facing window with black out curtains installed. Within the 650 square feet of air conditioned space the studio includes a washroom and kitchenette with bar fridge, microwave, kitchen utensils as well as a kettle, and coffeemaker.
->FREE PARKING in the building's parking lot.
->The studio is exclusively for rentals and NOT a live-in space.
DAY RATES ( 8 HOURS ) - $245
For all uses except large video productions of 6 or more people.
Hourly rate $45/hr.
Bookings of 4 hours or less must end by 1:30pm or start after 1:30pm.
VIDEO PRODUCTION - DAY RATE ( 8 HOURS ) - $325
For larger video productions of 6 + people.
Hourly rate $50.
->-> FULL DAY rentals required on the WEEKENDS.
$5/day; large groups +10 $10/day
Video - small, low key productions
Workshops or Gallery events
Casting calls or Rehearsals
Video: Recording sound is not ideal as there is potential for interior and exterior noises. There is an industrial yard directly outside that from time to time do noisy activities. Many clients, however, have rented the space to record sound with no issue.
ACCESS: The studio is located on the second floor with stair access only.
LOCATION: The studio is located in TORONTO not Richmond Hill where there is another Industrial Street. In Google Maps the location is consider to be in Toronto's East York neighbourhood, but locally it is know as Leaside.
PROHIBITED USE: Daylight Studio is NOT suitable for
Live or DJ music or High intensity/loud music video productions or use.
STUDIO RENTAL INCLUDES:
The equipment below comes standard with the studio rental. All equipment may be removed upon request.
4 large light stands
4 small light stands
1 "C" stand, with knuckle & two grip arms
1 telescopic background pole
2 "V" flats
“A” clamps (4 large & 6 medium)
4 sandbags, 2 full apple boxes
Garment rack and steamer
Mirror 14" x 50" (movable)
1 six-foot tables (with table cloths)
1 four-foot table (suitable for make-up)
6 chairs and 2 stools
3 AC cables
three step stepladder
Additional equipment is also included with the studio rental but must be requested in advance: 2 master stands, 2 small stands, 2 grip arms with 1 knuckles, 1 boom on rolling stand, 1 telescopic background pole, 6 sandbags, 2 six foot work tables, 16 chairs, 1 fan and a eight-foot ladder.
GEAR TO RENT:
- 2400 w/s ProAcute pack*, with 2 heads with standard reflectors, 1 head extension, pocket wizard, 2 umbrella, softboxes (small 20"x30", 5' octagon, 7' octagon) and two adapter rings; $70 full day, $40 partial day.
- Two 11'x11' black clothes (backdrops); $30 for one, $50 for two including set-up and removal.
*Requires working knowledge of strobe equipment.
White noseam $7/linear foot.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Cleaning Fee: $30
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
During the lockdown, the number of people in the studio is limited to a maximum of FIVE at one time. You may change-up who those individuals as long as there is no more than five people in the studio. People waiting to enter the studio cannot wait in the hallway and are required to wait at the main entrance.
-> Please keep in mind that it is your responsibility to abide by the government rules that apply while working in the studio.
*** Please note MASKS MUST BE WORN when entering the building and in all the public spaces, stairs, and hallways. In the studio, it is up to you once I leave. ***
7. WORKING IN THE STUDIO:
• Please be mindful of the other tenants and play music only at a reasonable level.
• The door to the studio is always to be kept closed.
• Use of the studio before 8am and after 8pm is restricted to quieter activities.
• Use of smoke or haze machines must be discussed in advance.
• Please inform guests ahead of time to bring clean, indoor shoes or slippers. Especially during rainy days and winter months when we have a strict 'no outdoor shoes policy' due to puddles left behind by slush.
• Dogs are permitted ONLY with advance notice. A $50 charge will be deducted from your deposit for cleaning-up EACH soiling made by your pooch.
8. PROHIBITED IN THE STUDIO:
• No Live or DJ music.
• No external speakers permitted*. Please use only Bluetooth speaker provide. (* Video Productions: Small playback speakers set low are permitted. Please enquiry, thank-you. )
• No High intensity/loud music video productions or use.
• No smoking of any kind.
• No alcohol without prior agreement.
• No pets without prior agreement.
• No partying.
• No nails, screws, staples or penetrating items should be used on our walls. Any tape or gummed backing materials must be properly removed. To hang artwork please use re-moveable Velcro strips or cable from the ceiling rafters that work great for this purpose.
• Absolutely no photography, filming, noise, loitering, storing things or putting up signs in the shared communal space of the building (hallways, stairs). These are not to be used as an extension of the studio space. The rental of space is for this studio only. Do not disrupt the residential neighbours who live/work here during all hours.
• NO GLITTER, fake snowflakes, confetti or any other similar material. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL FORFEIT YOUR ENTIRE SECURITY DEPOSIT OR $100 CLEANING FEE.
• We do not permit the studio to be used for any pornographic content.
9. CLEANING UP:
• The studio MUST BE RETURNED TO ITS ORIGINAL CONFIGURATION - tables, gear, etc... Please refer to pictures of original set-up located beside the front door.
• Please respect the space and put garbage in the garbage can. If it does not fit, there then it goes in the designated dumpster outside in the parking lot.
• Cleaning & maintenance fee is for regular tidying and upkeep, not for cleaning up messes. Cleaning supplies (broom, mop & bucket) can be found in the washroom.
• If you leave a mess, you will be charged $75 or more cleaning fee claimed against your security deposit.
• If you make marks on the walls such as footprints, you will be charged a $25-$75 cleaning fee claimed against your security deposit. Please use the Magic Eraser and a little Fantastic located in the kitchenette to remove marks left on the wall.
10. IT’S A WRAP:
Your time in studio ends as detailed in the reservation, which is expected to reflect when you are packed and ready to leave. Studio staff will be there to check you out of the space.
*** Self check-out is NOT AVAILABLE. ***
IF YOU EXPECT TO FINISH EARLY please let us know 60 MINUTES IN ADVANCE of your early departure, and we may be able to accommodate it. Likewise, if you require more time in the studio please LET US KNOW 60 MINUTES IN ADVANCE and we may be able to accommodate an extension.
Additional time in studio is $40/hr ($45/hr for larger video productions) and must be paid in cash or e-transfer at the end of your session.
11. HEATING AND COOLING: Please set the heating and cooling units, as necessary.
12. KITCHENETTE: Please put any used dishes and glassware in the white tub in the shower: no need to clean them.
13. ELECTRICAL PANEL or FUSE BOX: It is located to left of the door behind the wooden panel.
Suggestions to improve the studio experience are always welcome, and we look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy your time in Daylight Studio!
Lovely work space.
Definitely coming back to book
Great, clean space. Host was very accommodating and pleasant.
loved the space
As usual, very clean space and great communication with Horst.
Beautiful space with lots of gorgeous natural light. Amazing for photoshoots, would definitely book again in the future.
lovely as always here
Amazing daylight at the studio.
I like to work at this studio. It’s very clear and big enough to work comfortable.
Amazing space - tons of natural light, but also very easy to close the curtains and use strobes as well if needed. Horst was super helpful and accommodating of a few requests I had. The pictures are really accurate and the space was very clean and very well maintained! Big fan, will definitely book again.
563 people saved this space