Victorian Event Space With Full Kitchen
Enjoy the luxuries of being right on Queen Street East. We offer a curb side patio and entrance to our charming Leslieville space.
Built in the 1800's, this Victorian heritage house, approx 1400 sq ft, has beautiful original wooden pine floors, eclectic fireplace, original 11ft ceilings and chandeliers. Great wall space and a huge bay window display gives great exposure and natural light. The front of the house has a 2 small private patios that can be used.
Give your event a sense of style!
The space has a full functioning kitchen with platters, plates, cups, glasses, stove, dishwasher and fridge.
Included in the rental: Wifi, Furniture shown, Tableware, A/C, Kitchen, Event space
Available: Projector, Portable 60' screen ($50 /per event)
This intimate storefront space has hosted various event such as Private Dinners, Receptions, Bridal Shower, Baby Shower, Gallery Exhibition, Wine & Cheese tastings, Weddings, Pop-up Markets, Retail events, Networking, Meetings, Workshops
We are easily accessible from the heart of Toronto - Only 15 min via TTC. We have a 24 hr Queen St Streetcar stop at our doorstep.
Paid street parking till 9pm
$70 Day - $90 Night (Fri / Sat)
Available hourly, daily, weekly or monthly.
*$395 is an 8 hour weekday rental from 9am-5pm
Weekday rate $80/hr | Weeknight rate: $80/hr
Weekend Evening rate $90/hr
Weekday: Mon - Fri: 9am-5pm
8 hours - $395
Weeknight: Mon - Fri: 5pm - 2am
8 hours- $544
Weekend Day: Sat - Sun: 9am-5pm
8 hours - $544
Weekend Evenings Fri - Sat: 5pm - 2am
8 hours- $612 | 12 hours- $900
POP-UP DAY RATE:
APRIL - DEC (9am - 7pm)
Day Rental: $600 | Week Rental: $3150 | 10 Day Rental: $4500
JAN - MAR (9am - 7pm)
Day Rental: $400 | Week Rental: $2100 | 10 Day Rental: $3000
Available hourly, daily, weekly or monthly.
Message me to book a tour today! We look forward to making your event memorable!
Please Note: Main Floor Rental Space is approx. 700 sqft which includes kitchen.
Cleaning Fee: $75
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Maximum Booking: 3 months
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
Acknowledgement of Room Rental Agreement:
1. All persons associated with the event must agree to leave the building at the times specified when the room booking arrangements are made.
2. All premises must be left in an orderly and clean condition, as found. Cleaning fee covers sweeping, mopping, bathroom and kitchen.
3. Individuals / groups must abide by our no smoking policy.
4. A designated member of the group must be in charge at all times. In an emergency, such as a fire, this person will be responsible for directing the evacuation of the room. We have 2 exits (front door and back kitchen door)
5. We are not responsible for damage, theft, or loss of articles or property belonging to the persons renting the space.
6. The organization of the group or person(s) named on the Booking Form must agree to indemnify and save harmless the event space against all claims of any nature, kind, and costs which may arise from such use.
7. No alcoholic beverages may be dispensed or consumed on the property, except on special permission of the Liquor Commission of Ontario, S.O.P.
8. Any Freelancers and caterers working in the space are not employed therefore we are not responsible or reliable for any misrepresentation, miscommunication, unfinished results or any unforeseen circumstances, including cancellation relating to the client’s event. We are committed to providing an excellent experience for all clientele.
Late Fee Charges: Fees will be charged starting 10 minutes from agreed end time. $50 every 30 minutes charged in half hour increments. Please note that we have other events before and/or after the rental times which is why we have a strict late fee policy in place.
1. Rental of the space does not constitute endorsement of the renter’s beliefs or policies. Programs must not contravene the Criminal Code of Canada.
2. The owner of the space reserves the right to accept or refuse a reservation or cancel any booking when in her sole discretion the event does not reflect appropriately; and we reserve the right to withdraw permission for any individual or agency for use of the rental space in the event that these regulations have been repeatedly breached.
3. Space rental fees are approved by he owner of the space. Rates may be changed at her discretion.
4. From time to time, the owner may authorize a waiver or reduction of rental fees for a specific renter in the case of a sponsorship, partnership or other relationship with an event or agency.
5. If renter goes over the space capacity of 50 people, we reserves the right to terminate the contact during or/before the event. All deposits and monies paid will not be refunded.
6. If alcohol is consumed when not permitted, we reserves the right to cancel the contract before or during the event. All deposits and monies paid will not be refunded.
7. Illegal substances on the property are not permitted at any time.
8. No booking will be confirmed until copies of the application form are returned, signed by an individual 18 years or older, accompanied by the rental fee.
9. Glitter or sparkles are not permitted. An additional Clean up fee of $75 will be charged if traces are found.
10. Hanging decorations are permitted by using scotch tape or green painters tape. This helps us protect the paint. All other tape is not permitted.
11. All furniture must not be dragged on our 130 year old floors. You must pick up the furniture to move.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How many bathrooms do you have?
2. Is your venue wheelchair accessible?
Not at this time
3. Can I tape decorations to the wall?
Yes, only with scotch tape. No taping to the floors
4. Can I bring food? Do you have a fridge?
Yes you can bring food, but we will have to know in advance. Outside catering is allowed
5. When can I start setting up for my event?
When your rental begins. For example if you reserved from 3pm to 6pm, you would be given access to the space at 3pm.
6. What can I expect when I show up?
All of the equipment you requested will be in the space you have rented. There will be one dedicated staff member on hand to guide you in your set up, answer questions and ensure your event is amazing success.
7. What does “event rental end time” mean?
If your event rental end time is 5pm, for example, then this means at 5pm the space you have rented must be entirely clear of people and personal belongings. You will need to factor time into your event to ferry items to the car, pack up your food that you want to take home, take down decorations and see your guests off.
8. Where do I dispose of garbage and recycling?
You can dump your garbage/recycling bags in the first bin on Vancouver Avenue which is the side street east of the venue.
9. Additional Instructions are posted on the kitchen wall with emergency phone numbers.
The Vandenberg House was a great experience and we will defiantly use it again in the future :-)
Christiane was a great host and very accommodating considering it was a last minute booking :) The space was like as listed and perfect for our meeting. We would definitely recommend this place to others!
Christiane was very nice and accommodating, it was a pleasure to work with her. Everyone loved the place, it was the perfect setting for our friend's baby shower. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a beautiful, cozy place for their event!
Absolutely gorgeous and intimate space. Christiane is a pleasure to work with, so friendly and helpful! Looking forward to hosting more successful events here.
This space was absolutely perfect to celebrate my wife and I's wedding reception. From our first visit, we knew we had to do it, and Christiane was so accommodating and generous with us having access around the space. Everything was easy to maneuver and I would absolutely recommend it for weddings and/or wedding related events. I absolutely see us using the space again sometime in the future.
Christiane provided us with an absolutely incredible space for our reveal. We had a very specific theme and she happily accomodate removing the pictures for us for this to be fulfilled. Christiane happily answered any and all questions I had & provided staging suggestions whilst setting up. All of our guests were blown away by the space. I would hold another event here in a heartbeat & so would many of our family members. Thank you so much for making such a meaningful day so easy & carefree.
The space was beautiful and clean, and Christiane was helpful and responded promptly to any questions I asked. I would definitely recommend renting this space! It is also cheaper than other options (even some smaller ones)
Renting this space was the best decision I made! Christiane's space offers the perfect setting for an intimate event, or a full blown larger event. The characteristics and decor on the inside make this space very special, offering it a sophisticated yet casual style featuring one-of-a-kind antiques, velvet chairs, unique lighting fixtures, and so much more. Your guests will wonder how you pulled together such a beautiful spot. Christiane had impeccable communication with me the entire process, and even let me come to the event space a couple extra times to drop off and pickup items. with little notice. The kitchen is fully functional, and truly a lifesaver for any event. Bonus perks worth mentioning - there is ample furniture to curate your event, speakers that are fantastic, wifi, serving platters and accessories, coffee machine, and a clothing rack - so many wonderful elements that will allow you to focus on your event and not the "little stuff". Will for sure book again - thank you!!
This space is perfect for casual events. My guests and I really enjoyed the vibe and the layout was perfect for small-scale catering. It was clean and well-maintained. Christiane was easily reachable, friendly, and extremely helpful. Would not hesitate to book again!
I had an amazing experience booking with Christiane. She was reliable and knowledgeable. The space was super cute and better than I expected. It was perfect for a small party. I would definitely book a space with Christiane again.
215 people saved this space