Victorian Event Space With Full Kitchen
Enjoy the luxuries of being right on Queen Street East. We offer a curb side entrance to our charming Leslieville Victorian House.
Built in the 1800's, this Victorian heritage house, approx 700 sq ft, has beautiful original wooden pine floors, eclectic fireplace, original 11ft ceilings and chandeliers. Great wall space and a huge bay window display gives great exposure and natural light. The front of the house has a 2 small private patios that can be used.
Give your event a sense of style!
The space has a full functioning kitchen with platters, plates, cups, glasses, stove, dishwasher and fridge.
INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL:
- 30 chairs
- 8’x4’ barn style table, 5’x3’ wood table, 2 6’ folding tables, 2 console tables
- Decor as shown on main photo
- Event space
Available: Projector ($50 /per event), Portable 60' screen ($50 /per event)
This intimate storefront space has hosted various event such as Private Dinners, Receptions, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Gallery Exhibition, Wine & Cheese tastings, Weddings, Pop-up Markets, Retail events, Meetings and Workshops
We are easily accessible from the heart of Toronto - Only 15 min via TTC. We have a 24 hr Queen St Streetcar stop at our doorstep.
Street parking | Free after 9pm | Parking Lot 2 blocks away
*$495 is an 8 hour weekday rental from 9am-5pm
Weekend Evening $90/hr
*Weekday: Mon - Fri: 9am-5pm $495
Friday Evening: 6pm - 12am $500
Saturday/Sunday Day: 11am - 5pm $400
Saturday Evening: 6pm - 12am $500
Space can be rented till 3am. Additional Hourly applies
Space is set up as is. Our team can set up for an additional fee: $75
Available hourly, daily, weekly or monthly.
Message me to book a tour today! We look forward to making your event memorable!
Cleaning Fee: $75
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Maximum Booking: 6 months
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
The Vandenberg House Rental Information
Social Media @vandenberghouse
For Inspiration: #vandenbergdecor #vandenberglayout #vandenbergfood
AMENITIES & FACILITIES INCLUDED
- 8'x4' / 5'x2.5' / 2 - 6' folding tables / 2 console tables
400 WATT PLUG-IN SPEAKERS
PROJECTOR & PROJECTOR SCREEN AVAILABLE
SMALL FRONT PATIO
1st Fl BATHROOM
Amenities / Facilities
Space Location: First Floor
- Reception / Standing Set-up 50
- Dining / Sit-down Set-up 35
Bathroom: First Floor
Catering/Food Allowed: Yes
Alcohol Permitted: SOP
Bartender / Server Available: $25/hr
Bar Service Available: Inquire
Event Rentals Exclusive Partner
Event Rental Group
Note: Space comes with 8’ x 4’ rustic table & 5’ x 2.5” wooden table set-up. Can be removed for $75 as part of the set-up.
Guests may cancel their booking until 30 days before the event start day and will receive a full refund (including all Fees) of their Booking Price.
Guests may cancel their booking between 30 days and 14 days before the event start time and receive a 50% refund (excluding Fees) of their Booking Price. Cancellations submitted less than 14 days before the Event day are not refundable.
We have partnered with other businesses that have the same values as us, which provides a fantastic and memorable experience for our clients. These companies are professional, budget friendly and easy to work with. They all have experience working with our team and venue which creates a seamless logistical process for our clients. More time can be focused on event details. Please reach out to any vendor to assist with your event.
BERKELEY EVENTS offers amazingly tasty dishes full with flavors from all over the world. Our clients love working with the Berkeley team who are always willing to assist and work with our client to full fill any complex food need.
Ange [phone hidden] | [email hidden] | [link hidden]
MIRA MIRA CATERING : Driven by seasonal produce and local ingredients and combines a sense of flare to create unique exquisite dishes. Justin will be your contact who is an event guru and visionary. We love working with him as he provides great service with a super friendly attitude.
Justin: [phone hidden]
- EVENT RENTAL GROUP
We can make rental recommendations and handle your rental order or you can speak with the company directly.
Paul Da Cunha [phone hidden]
- GARDEN'S PATH FLORAL DESIGN
Known as a local neighbourhood gem, we are recognized for our craftsmanship and evocative floral designs within the community. Our specialty is creating unique and thriving arrangements for any occasion, throughout the seasons.
John [phone hidden]
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF ROOM RENTAL AGREEMENT
1. All persons associated with the event must agree to leave the building at the times specified when the
room booking arrangements are made.
2. All premises must be left in an orderly and clean condition.
3. Individuals / groups must abide by The VandenBerg House no smoking policy.
4. A designated member of the group must be in charge at all times. In an emergency, such as a fire, this
person will be responsible for directing the evacuation of the room
5. The VandenBerg House is not responsible for damage, theft, or loss of articles or property belonging
to the persons renting the event space.
6. The organization of the group named on the Booking Form must agree to indemnify and save harmless
the event space against all claims of any nature, kind, and costs which may arise from such use.
7. No alcoholic beverages may be dispensed or consumed on the event space property, except on
special permission of the Liquor Commission of Ontario, S.O.P.
8. Any Freelancers and caterers working with the VandenBerg house are not employed by The
VandenBerg House, therefore, The VandenBerg House is not responsible for any
misrepresentation, miscommunication, unfinished results or any unforeseen circumstances, including
cancellation relating to the client’s event. The VandenBerg House is committed to providing an
excellent experience for all clientele.
9. All event rentals must be ordered through The Vandenberg House’s preferred rental company, Event Rental Group.
10. Clients must use The Vandenberg House’s preferred catering vendors. The client has an option to use an outside caterer in which a 20% landmark fee will be added to client’s catering bill or be billed to the client’s outside caterer.
11. Any glitter or sparkles found on-site will have a charge to the client of $75.
Late Fee Charges
Fees will be charged starting 10 minutes from agreed end time. $50 every 30 minutes charged in half hour
increments. Please note that we have other events before and/or after the rental times which is why we have a strict late fee policy in place.
Event Space Rental Policy
The VandenBerg House provides a number of spaces for rent to the community for a variety of
purposes. The purpose of the space rental is to:
• Provide educational, cultural, and leisure activities to the community beyond that which The VandenBerg House offers in order to deepen it’s role as a community hub;
• Provide meeting and programming space as a service to non-for-profit agencies and the business community;
• Generate revenue to benefits services, workshops and programs.
1. Rental of an Event Space does not constitute endorsement by The VandenBerg House of the renter’s beliefs or policies. Programs must not contravene the Criminal Code of Canada.
2. The owner of The VandenBerg House reserves the right to accept or refuse a reservation or cancel any booking when in her sole discretion the event does not reflect appropriately on the VandenBerg House; and reserves the right to withdraw permission for any individual or agency for use of the rental space in the event that these regulations have been repeatedly breached.
3. Space rental fees are approved by the owner of The VandenBerg House. Rates may be changed at the owner’s discretion.
4. From time to time, the owner may authorize a waiver or reduction of rental fees for a specific renter in case where The VandenBerg House from a sponsorship, partnership or other relationship with an event or agency.
5. If renter goes over event space capacity of 50 people, The VandenBerg reserves the right to terminate the contact during or/before the event. All deposits and monies paid will not be refunded.
6. If alcohol is consumed when not permitted, The VandenBerg reserves the right to cancel the contract before or during the event. All deposits and monies paid will not be refunded.
7. Illegal substances on the property are not permitted at any time.
8. No booking will be confirmed until copies of the application form are returned, signed by an individual 19 years or older, accompanied by the rental fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many bathrooms do you have?
Two (1st & 2nd Floor)
2. Is your venue wheelchair accessible?
Unfortunately no, but we are working on it. Thank you for your patience.
3. Can I tape decorations to the wall? Yes, only with scotch tape. All tape must be removed from walls or there may be a small fee of $50 that will be charged for removal by our cleaning staff.
4. Do you have a recommended catering list?
Yes, we have a recommend list of caterers we can provide. Our partners are professional, budget friendly and of course, create mouth watering dishes to impress all of your guests.
5. When can I start setting up for my event?
When your rental begins. For example if you reserved from 3pm to 6pm, you would be given access to the space at 3pm.
6. What can I expect when I arrive on the day of my event?
All of the equipment you requested will be in the space. There will be one dedicated staff member on hand to guide you in your set up, answer questions, assist with an issues and ensure your event is amazing success.
7. What does “event rental end time” mean?
If your event rental end time is 5pm, for example, then this means at 5pm the space you have rented must be entirely clear of people and personal belongings. You will need to factor time into your event to ferry items to the car, pack up your food that you want to take home, take down decorations and see your guests off.
8. What if I require event rentals to be delivered at the Vandenberg House prior to my event.
This request will be handled on a case by case basis. If there is space available, we can accommodate drop off the day prior to the event, if not, you would have to make arrangements for delivery on the day of your event.
9. Where can we park?
Paid parking, $2.00/hr, is available on Queen Street East from Monday – Friday 9am – 9pm. Saturday 8am – 9pm, Sunday 12-9pm Greenwood Ave has free parking as well. Be aware of the signs.
10. I would like to serve alcohol at my event. Do I need special permit?
Yes, you would have to apply for a Special Occasions Permit through the AGCO. They offer online services. You would have to apply 10 days prior to your event. It’s a simple 5 minute application. If you need guidance, please reach out to one of our staff.
11. Can I cook in your kitchen?
Yes, cooking is permitted, however, deep frying is not permitted. There is an additional $50 kitchen clean up that will be added to your invoice. For using the oven to warm up appetizers, there is no additional fee.
12. Where do I dispose of my garbage? The client is responsible for disposing of all garbage and recycling into the first bin on Vancouver avenue. We can handle any disposal for you for an additional rate of $50.
13. Can I use glitter or sparkles in the venue? No, unfortunately, they are difficult to clean up. We find glitter just keeps on reappearing and since we have many types of events with different requirements, glitter cannot be used on-site. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
14. Can we light candles in the venue? Yes, you are permitted to bring in unscented candles into the venue as long as the flame is not exposed. Ensure your guests cannot catch their clothing, hair, etc on fire if they lean close to the flame or reach over the flame. The candle can be in an over size glass vase. No open flames are permitted.
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING THE VANDENBERG HOUSE.
Great space! Highly recommend for more intimate events!
The Vandenberg House was a great experience and we will defiantly use it again in the future :-)
Christiane was a great host and very accommodating considering it was a last minute booking :) The space was like as listed and perfect for our meeting. We would definitely recommend this place to others!
Christiane was very nice and accommodating, it was a pleasure to work with her. Everyone loved the place, it was the perfect setting for our friend's baby shower. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a beautiful, cozy place for their event!
Absolutely gorgeous and intimate space. Christiane is a pleasure to work with, so friendly and helpful! Looking forward to hosting more successful events here.
This space was absolutely perfect to celebrate my wife and I's wedding reception. From our first visit, we knew we had to do it, and Christiane was so accommodating and generous with us having access around the space. Everything was easy to maneuver and I would absolutely recommend it for weddings and/or wedding related events. I absolutely see us using the space again sometime in the future.
Christiane provided us with an absolutely incredible space for our reveal. We had a very specific theme and she happily accomodate removing the pictures for us for this to be fulfilled. Christiane happily answered any and all questions I had & provided staging suggestions whilst setting up. All of our guests were blown away by the space. I would hold another event here in a heartbeat & so would many of our family members. Thank you so much for making such a meaningful day so easy & carefree.
The space was beautiful and clean, and Christiane was helpful and responded promptly to any questions I asked. I would definitely recommend renting this space! It is also cheaper than other options (even some smaller ones)
Renting this space was the best decision I made! Christiane's space offers the perfect setting for an intimate event, or a full blown larger event. The characteristics and decor on the inside make this space very special, offering it a sophisticated yet casual style featuring one-of-a-kind antiques, velvet chairs, unique lighting fixtures, and so much more. Your guests will wonder how you pulled together such a beautiful spot. Christiane had impeccable communication with me the entire process, and even let me come to the event space a couple extra times to drop off and pickup items. with little notice. The kitchen is fully functional, and truly a lifesaver for any event. Bonus perks worth mentioning - there is ample furniture to curate your event, speakers that are fantastic, wifi, serving platters and accessories, coffee machine, and a clothing rack - so many wonderful elements that will allow you to focus on your event and not the "little stuff". Will for sure book again - thank you!!
This space is perfect for casual events. My guests and I really enjoyed the vibe and the layout was perfect for small-scale catering. It was clean and well-maintained. Christiane was easily reachable, friendly, and extremely helpful. Would not hesitate to book again!
323 people saved this space