Intimate Private Event Space
Leslieville - Toronto, ON
Events, Retail, Meetings, Production
A lovely space nestled in an 1800's old Victorian home with original 12 ft ceilings, flooring and decor. Located in the trendiest area of east Toronto, Leslieville, this space has the character to make an event charming and comfortable.
Amenities & Features
Cleaning Fee: $50
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Can be rented till late at night
Furniture can be rearranged
Acknowledgement of Room Rental Agreement:
1. All persons associated with the event must agree to leave the building at the times specified when the room booking arrangements are made.
2. All premises must be left in an orderly and clean condition.
3. Individuals / groups must abide by The VandenBerg House no smoking policy.
4. A designated member of the group must be in charge at all times. In an emergency, such as a fire, this
person will be responsible for directing the evacuation of the room
5. The VandenBerg House is not responsible for damage, theft, or loss of articles or property belonging
to the persons renting the event space.
6. The organization of the group or person(s) named on the Booking Form must agree to indemnify and save harmless the event space against all claims of any nature, kind, and costs which may arise from such use.
7. No alcoholic beverages may be dispensed or consumed on the event space property, except on
special permission of the Liquor Commission of Ontario, S.O.P.
8. Any Freelancers and caterers working with the VandenBerg house are not employed by The
VandenBerg House therefore The VandenBerg House is not responsible or reliable for any misrepresentation, miscommunication, unfinished results or any unforeseen circumstances, including cancelation relating to the client’s event. The VandenBerg House is committed to providing an excellent experience for all clientele.
Late Fee Charges: Fees will be charged starting 10 minutes from agreed end time. $50 every 30 minutes charged in half hour increments. Please note that we have other events before and/or after the rental times which is why we have a strict late fee policy in place.
1. Rental of an Event Space does not constitute endorsement by The VandenBerg House of the renter’s beliefs or policies. Programs must not contravene the Criminal Code of Canada.
2. The owner of The VandenBerg House reserves the right to accept or refuse a reservation or cancel any booking when in her sole discretion the event does not reflect appropriately on the VandenBerg House; and reserves the right to withdraw permission for any individual or agency for use of the rental space in the event that these regulations have been repeatedly breached.
3. Space rental fees are approved by he owner of The VandenBerg House. Rates may be changed at her discretion.
4. From time to time, the owner may authorize a waiver or reduction of rental fees for a specific renter in case were The VandenBerg House from a sponsorship, partnership or other relationship with an event or agency.
5. If renter goes over event space capacity of 50 people, The VandenBerg reserves the right to terminate the contact during or/before the event. All deposits and monies paid will not be refunded.
6. If alcohol is consumed when not permitted, The VandenBerg reserves the right to cancel the contract before or during the event. All deposits and monies paid will not be refunded.
7. Illegal substances on the property are not permitted at any time.
8. No booking will be confirmed until copies of the application form are returned, signed by an individual 18 years or older, accompanied by the rental fee.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How many bathrooms do you have? One
2. Is your studio wheelchair accessible? Unfortunately no
3. Can I tape decorations to the wall? Yes
4. Can I bring food? Do you have a fridge? Yes you can bring food, but we will have to know in advance. Outside catering is allowed
5. When can I start setting up for my event? When your rental begins. For example if you reserved from 3pm to 6pm, you would be given access to the space at 3pm.
6. What can I expect when I show up? All of the equipment you requested will be set up in the space you have rented. There will be one dedicated staff member on hand to guide you in your set up, answer questions and ensure your event is amazing success.
7. What does “event rental end time” mean? If your event rental end time is 5pm, for example, then this means at 5pm the space you have rented must be entirely clear of people and personal belongings. You will need to factor time into your event to ferry items to the car, pack up your food that you want to take home, take down decorations and see your guests off.
Protected by $2,000,000 Host Insurance
Every booking on thisopenspace includes liability coverage, at no additional cost.