Bright Industrial Photo Studio
Our ground level studio in Strathcona is best used for photo and video production (if not requiring soundproofing) and ideal for portrait and commercial work. Currently, in light of Covid-19 and needs for distancing bookings are limited to 6 people in the space at one time.
STUDIO RENTAL INCLUDES:
- a wall of south facing windows with plenty of natural light and blinds that can be pulled down to filter the light
- a 10 ft wide x 8 ft high moveable wall that doubles as a backdrop (plywood one side, painted drywall on the other side)
- v-flats that are black one side, white on reverse
- industrial concrete floors
- lounge area with a small couch, chair and side tables
- variety of seating, stools, and apple boxes available.
- ceiling height 11 ft.
- the open front space measures 15.9 ft wide by 27 ft
- small fridge, microwave, wifi, and bluetooth speaker
- free street parking is available in the area
BOOKING AVAILABILITY / RESTRICTIONS:
- Regular operating hours are M-F 9am-5pm
- 3 hour minimum booking M-F during operating hours
- 4 hour minimum booking on weekends
- Reduced hourly fees for bookings longer than 7 hours
*Animals are not allowed except under special circumstances (ie. assist animals). Please inquire.
- Hourly rate is $70
- Full day rate is $450 and includes 8 hours. Additional hours can be booked for a discounted rate.
- Bookings for more than 6 people are subject to an additional fee of $30 per person.
- A variety of paper backdrops are available to rent (9 ft and 4.5 ft options) as well as backdrop support kits, extension cords, etc. for an additional fee. Please inquire prior to booking day.
**A $40 cleaning fee is added to every booking. We are increasing disinfecting all high touch surfaces multiple times a day and increased overall cleaning due to Covid-19.
***For custom requests beyond what is outlined, please ask and we will do our best to accommodate.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Cleaning Fee: $50
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Maximum Booking: 2 days
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
- 9 ft and 4.5 ft seamless backdrops and backdrop stands are available for an additional rental fee. Please inquire for range of colours available.
- V-flats (black and white) are included in rental.
- Studio lights are not available to rent.
- If making a last minute booking, you must complete and confirm booking by 5 PM the day before your rental.
- During the week from 9 AM - 5 PM, our studio is a working space with other creatives working at desks separate from the shoot / meeting space.
- The desk area is not included in the rentable square footage listed above.
- For lock out access, please inquire for rates.
This Open Space not always the most reliable way of communicating. Rachel was awesome, very accommodating. Very beautiful space.
This space is great. Convenient for access and very clean too.
The space was brilliant! Exactly what we needed. Rachel was also exceptionally helpful and accommodating.
This space is perfect for photoshoots! Whether it be headshots with natural light or more editorial sessions with your own lighting. Lots of props to play with and everything moves around easily to reinvent the space in your way. In a city lacking proper photo studio space, this is a gem! Rachel was incredibly communicative and helpful.
Rachel was super quick to respond and very accommodating for our group. The studio was absolutely perfect and accurate to the descriptions. There are tons of chairs to choose from and we were able to rent some paper backdrops from Rachel.
Rachel's space exceeded our expectations! Her space has so much potential, you can't go wrong with creating something beautiful here! We probably utilized only 30% of it! I would absolutely love to shoot here again. Thank you Rachel for being such an amazing Host!
Rachel was quick to response with any questions and was accommodating the day of the shoot. The space was wonderful with huge windows for great natural lighting. I highly reccomend this space.
This studio is wonderful and lots of space and props to work with. We ended up shooting 3 different looks all in the same space. Rachel is super friendly and helpful with the rental. The free street parking and at-grade loading is always a huge plus. I would definitely return for a shoot here in the future.
We had a gorgeous shoot at her studio, and we love it!
The studio space was just what we were looking for — Zaac was there to let us in and show us around. Rachel was easily accessible as well. The communication was great and the props is the space were perfect. It made it easy to shoot there, we will be back :)
133 people saved this space