Toronto Photo Studio & Event Space
We are a boutique loft style photography studio rental space in Toronto available for your next photo shoot, video shoot, private event, workshop, or even workshops and seminars! DM for more info.
★ For faster service WHEN INQUIRING, send the following:
1. Request to BOOK, fill in the times and dates for faster bookings.
2. What is your intended use of our loft? (see USES & RATES)
3. How many people do you plan to have in our loft at any given time?
4. Average age of attendees?
5. Demographic (i.e. university students / young professionals / commercial film crew)
When answering these questions, please also confirm that you understand that this is NOT the event space for your frat, for drunken escapades, and drinking games where you spill alcohol all over the floor. Our floor takes forever to and is difficult to clean, and we a primarily a photo studio throughout the day so we need your commitment to keep it pristine! For that reason, we are an UPSCALE private function event space in the evenings, and we expect that you treat us like one. If you want to have your party somewhere you can throw a bender, our place ain't it. Please read our entire description and rules as this outlines what you may and may not do inside of our space.
★ USES & RATES*:
*The displayed rate is for CREATIVE USE during the DAY, and does not include the applicable 13% tax. Daytime is considered 6am to 9pm. Additional fees apply for times and uses outside these scopes.
- Photography workshops and tutorials
- Actor self tapes / audition tapes
- Yoga sessions, and workshops
- YouTube videos & makeup tutorials
- Personal video project with less than 5 total people on set.
- Not sure if your project falls in this category? Just request to book and send us your information!
FILM & COMMERCIAL USE (request quote):
- Film / TV / Broadcasting / PR
- Music videos
- Corporate workshops
- Popup shops
EVENTS** (request quote):
- Private functions
- Events & mixers
- Box socials
**(see RULES below)
We're typically open from 6am - 9pm. Have an event and want to book us past close? Just ask, we're flexible.
★ KEY FEATURES:
- Hard loft.
- 14 foot high ceilings.
- 3 Massive South-facing windows. Lots of daylight.
- 1000 sq.feet pecan laminate floor
- Sheer curtains for light diffusion, and velvet black-out drapes
- Big & bright WHITE light makeup and hair vanity accommodates 2 models at a time
- Kitchenette w. mini-fridge, microwave, and toaster oven (use of stove/big oven permitted for extra fee)
- Bluetooth speaker (beneath the TV)
- High-speed guest WiFi
- White leather couch & white leather love seat
- White & Black 4' x 8' v-flats / reflector panels
- Sandbags & backdrop clips
- Multiple coloured backdrops ($6/foot)
- Coat rack, and place to take off outdoor shoes
- Cute patio lights on the ceiling
★ STUDIO APPEARANCE:
Sometimes we add things, or take things away and don't have time to photograph the new addition, so if there's something in particular you need from the pictures, please ask if we have it.
★ RENT OUR LIGHTS & GEAR:
1. Electric Blue LED, Neon & UV Blacklights (glowing picture frame and LED strips)
RENTABLE for $60 if you book this feature before your party date. Otherwise it's $100+tax if booked on the day of. Must be sent immediately via etransfer should you decide to rent them at a later date.
2. For photography rentals, have professional studio lighting equipment available (brand: Paul C Buff). These are billed via eTransfer AFTER you have confirmed your booking.
Plus the applicable 13% tax.
- $100 for the first light. Includes light & stand, 2 triggers, and access to modifiers (i.e. softbox, umbrella, etc.)
- $50 / second light & stand.
- $50 / third light & stand.
+ Also we have multiple coloured backdrops for photoshoots which are billable at $6/foot for whatever is stepped on or touches the ground and then needs to be cut off.
3. Studio assistant: if you need help for your photoshoot we can offer you a studio assistant at the rate of $67+HST per hour. Minimum 3 hour booking.
We are a Toronto photography studio which primarily specializes in renting space to photographers, videographers, producers, makeup artists for makeup workshops, and other artists, but we do frequently host private party rentals, upscale events for corporate clients as well as private events for birthdays, reunions, or family gatherings. If your intended usage of the space is unlisted, please feel welcome to contact us to see if we can host you! Please note, we have video surveillance in place to prevent loss, damage, and otherwise destructive behaviour. Your privacy is important to us and therefore we do not share any of the footage captured on the premises, but if this makes you uncomfortable or you require us to sign a non-disclosure we are more than happy to do so!
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Minimum Booking: 1 hour
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
- Minimum age to book is 25. You must provide ID to verify.
- All event rentals MUST have a private guestlist. You are NOT allowed to host events open to the general public. Only to your peer group.
- NO DJs or bringing your own speakers. We have a noise capacity in order to be courteous neighbours, so we included our own speakers into the rental. For this reason, we DO NOT ALLOW any outside speakers in our space. Noise complaint fines are issued by the city of Toronto and are $500.
- Failure to respect this will result in police being called by neighbours.
- Venue is suitable for up to 30 people.
✖︎ A FEW SIMPLE RULES, PLEASE:
1. Indoor shoes only (or shoes off). Heels for women = OK if wiped down at the door.
2. Keep the door closed at all times.
3. Office & upstairs are strictly off-limits.
4. CAREFUL with the curtains (my mama made them!)
- No food or drinks near the curtains or on windowsills.
- Do not touch curtains if you've handled glitter, baby oil, or shimmer, etc. Stay away from curtains, they're very expensive to clean and irreplaceable (mom made them!)
5. Never let anyone you don't know into the studio, regardless of who they say they are. Managers: Daniel & Sariena are OK to enter, but ask for ID to ensure they are who they say they are.
- We do NOT charge cleaning fees.
- Why? - Cleaning is very expensive and costs a lot of money, so we'll save you the fees and us the hassle of trying to schedule it right after your event. Please leave the space CLEANER than you found it. Put everything back where you found it, and before leaving please sweep the floor for the sake of the next guest. You must also take out all of your own garbage and leave a fresh garbage bag inside of our bin for the next renter.
- If someone spills a drink, please immediately mop it up (and use some water if it was a sticky drink spill). It's SUPER hard to clean sticky floors, so please be responsible.
- What happens if you leave the space in a dirty and untidy, and therefore un-rentable condition? A $249 minimum cleaning fee (+$150 more for a deep clean to cover the floors). This rarely happens, as most people at least put in the spirit of trying to keep the space tidy. Uneasy about something when you first arrive? Send us pictures of what's wrong, ASAP so we know YOU didn't do it / break it.
- Either take all of your garbage with you, or dump it in the designated dumpster. Do NOT leave it outside on the sidewalk or inside the building or unit. Failure to respect this rule is a $200 claim against your security deposit.
- ZERO smoking inside, if you are caught smoking ANYTHING inside, you'll be forcibly removed, and charged a $500 cleaning fee, NO EXCEPTIONS.
The space was great and as advertised. My only somewhat significant qualm was that there was a person in the open loft upstairs the entire time - they were apparently in bed, and more or less silent but for some coughing, and we never saw her, but it was awkward knowing she was there and moreso given that I was photographing young children, as well as a client who I had promised the utmost of privacy to. I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem if the renter requested an empty space beforehand.
Great space for photography shoot. Well lit, and great amenities.
The space was perfect for our event. It easily accommodated 20 people for a bachelorette party, and the swing offered hours of fun! It is a great addition to the space. Daniel was accommodating and let us use the fridge, stove, etc., which was a great bonus! Guests found it easy to travel to via public transit, and there was street parking outside. Highly recommend!
Terrific, versatile space with very helpful and accommodating host! Perfect for filming!
Excellent space; excellent host! Perfect location for our filming project.
We loved using Daniel's space for our shoot! It was super bright, clean and cute. We'd definitely work with Daniel again!
I had a wonderful experience with Daniel and his studio. He was kind, helpful, quick to respond when making the arrangements. I will definitely be renting from him again.
Excellent experience renting this loft. We used it for a pinup themed shoot and will use it again for glamour and head shots. Great space!
Daniel was great to coordinate with and made it easy to communicate - he was responsive, always friendly, and very helpful. The space was exactly as advertised and beautiful. Amenities and extras made our photo shoot super easy, fun, and allowed for tons of creativity. We were quite happy with the space and Daniel's service.
Daniel was professional, easy to communicate with, and provided an excellent space for our event. We would definitely use his space again in the future.
1066 people saved this space