Boutique Historic Venue Kitchen On Site
Built in the 1800's, this Victorian historic house, approx 700 sq ft, has beautiful original wooden floors, eclectic fireplace, original 11ft ceilings and chandeliers. Great wall space and a huge bay window display gives great exposure and natural light. The front of the house has a small private patios that seats 6.
Give your event a sense of style!
Included in the rental: Wifi, Furniture shown, A/C, Full functioning kitchen, rental space & patio
Available: Projector & Portable 60' screen ($150 /per event)
This intimate storefront space has hosted various event such as Private Dinners, Receptions, Bridal Shower, Baby Shower, Gallery Exhibition, Wine & Cheese tastings, Weddings, Pop-up Markets, Retail events, Networking, Meetings, Workshops and corporate day retreats
CATERING: We have a list we can share
ALCOHOL: Permitted with SOP / Bar List available
EVENT RENTALS: We can arrange
We are easily accessible from the heart of Toronto - Only 15 min via TTC. We have a 24 hr Queen St Streetcar stop at our doorstep.
Street parking | Free after 9pm | Parking Lot 1 block away
Special *$495 is an 8 hour weekday rental from 9am-5pm*
Monday - Thursday
Half Day: $400 (4 hours)
Full Day: $750 (8 hours)
Friday - Sunday
Half Day: $600 (6 hours)
Full Day: $1000 (12 hours)
Space can be rented till 3am. Additional hourly rates apply $100/hr
Available hourly, daily, weekly or monthly. GST will be added to the rate.
Message me to book a tour today! We look forward to making your event memorable!
Monthly: not available
Cleaning Fee: $75
Minimum Booking: 5 hours
Maximum Booking: 3 months
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
The Vandenberg House Rental Information
Social Media @vandenberghouse
For Inspiration: #vandenbergdecor #vandenberglayout #vandenbergfood
AMENITIES & FACILITIES INCLUDED
2 - 8'x4' / 2 - 6' folding tables / 2 console tables / 5 cafe tables
FOOD ALLOWED | CATERING AVAILABLE
400 WATT PLUG-IN SPEAKERS
PROJECTOR & PROJECTOR SCREEN AVAILABLE ($75 Each)
SMALL FRONT PATIO
1st Fl BATHROOM
Amenities / Facilities
Space Location: First Floor
Total Covid Capacity: 20
Bathroom: First Floor
Catering/Food Allowed: Yes
Alcohol Permitted: Via SOP (Special Occasions Permit)
Bartender / Server Available: $25/hr
Bar Service Available: Inquire
Event Rentals Exclusive Partner
Event Rental Group
7-30 days: No refund of venue charge, Refund of services
7 days leading up to event - No refunds
We have partnered with other businesses that have the same values as us, which provides a fantastic and memorable experience for our clients. These companies are professional, budget friendly and easy to work with. They all have experience working with our team and venue which creates a seamless logistical process for our clients. More time can be focused on event details. Please reach out to any vendor to assist with your event.
BERKELEY EVENTS offers amazingly tasty dishes full with flavors from all over the world. Our clients love working with the Berkeley team who are always willing to assist and work with our client to full fill any complex food need.
MIRA MIRA CATERING : Driven by seasonal produce and local ingredients and combines a sense of flare to create unique exquisite dishes. Justin will be your contact who is an event guru and visionary. We love working with him as he provides great service with a super friendly attitude.
- EVENT RENTAL GROUP
We can make rental recommendations and handle your rental order or you can speak with the company directly.
- GARDEN'S PATH FLORAL DESIGN
Known as a local neighbourhood gem, we are recognized for our craftsmanship and evocative floral designs within the community. Our specialty is creating unique and thriving arrangements for any occasion, throughout the seasons.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF ROOM RENTAL AGREEMENT
1. All persons associated with the event must agree to leave the building at the times specified when the room booking arrangements are made.
2. All premises must be left in an orderly and clean condition. No damages
3. Individuals / groups must abide by The VandenBerg House no smoking policy.
4. A designated member of the group must be in charge at all times. In an emergency, such as a fire, this person will be responsible for directing the evacuation of the room
5. The VandenBerg House is not responsible for damage, theft, or loss of articles or property belonging to the persons renting the event space.
6. The organization of the group named on the Booking Form must agree to indemnify and save harmless the event space against all claims of any nature, kind, and costs which may arise from such use.
7. No alcoholic beverages may be dispensed or consumed on the event space property, except on special permission of the Liquor Commission of Ontario, S.O.P.
8. Any Freelancers and caterers working with the VandenBerg house are not employed by The VandenBerg House, therefore, The VandenBerg House is not responsible for any misrepresentation, miscommunication, unfinished results or any unforeseen circumstances, including cancellation relating to the client’s event. The VandenBerg House is committed to providing an excellent experience for all clientele.
9. All event rentals must be ordered through The Vandenberg House’s preferred rental company, Event Rental Group.
10. Clients must use The Vandenberg House’s preferred catering vendors. The client has an option to use an outside caterer in which a 20% landmark fee will be added to client’s catering bill or be billed to the client’s outside caterer.
11. Any glitter or sparkles found on-site will have a charge to the client of $150
12. Client is responsible for all damages to furniture, chairs, etc.
Late Fee Charges
Fees will be charged starting 10 minutes from agreed end time. $50 every 30 minutes charged in half hour
increments. Please note that we have other events before and/or after the rental times which is why we have a strict late fee policy in place.
Event Space Rental Policy
The VandenBerg House provides a number of spaces for rent to the community for a variety of
purposes. The purpose of the space rental is to:
• Provide educational, cultural, and leisure activities to the community beyond that which The VandenBerg House offers in order to deepen it’s role as a community hub;
• Provide meeting and programming space as a service to non-for-profit agencies and the business community;
• Generate revenue to benefits services, workshops and programs.
1. Rental of an Event Space does not constitute endorsement by The VandenBerg House of the renter’s beliefs or policies. Programs must not contravene the Criminal Code of Canada.
2. The owner of The VandenBerg House reserves the right to accept or refuse a reservation or cancel any booking when in her sole discretion the event does not reflect appropriately on the VandenBerg House; and reserves the right to withdraw permission for any individual or agency for use of the rental space in the event that these regulations have been repeatedly breached.
3. Space rental fees are approved by the owner of The VandenBerg House. Rates may be changed at the owner’s discretion.
4. From time to time, the owner may authorize a waiver or reduction of rental fees for a specific renter in case where The VandenBerg House from a sponsorship, partnership or other relationship with an event or agency.
5. If renter goes over event space capacity of 50 people, The VandenBerg reserves the right to terminate the contact during or/before the event. All deposits and monies paid will not be refunded.
6. If alcohol is consumed when not permitted, The VandenBerg reserves the right to cancel the contract before or during the event. All deposits and monies paid will not be refunded.
7. Illegal substances on the property are not permitted at any time.
8. No booking will be confirmed until copies of the application form are returned, signed by an individual 19 years or older, accompanied by the rental fee.
9. You are responsible for all occurrences you or your guest damage to the venue, furniture, tableware, glassware, etc. Internal and external venue property
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many bathrooms do you have?
Two (1st & 2nd Floor)
2. Is your venue wheelchair accessible?
Unfortunately no, but we are working on it. Thank you for your patience.
3. Can I tape decorations to the wall? Yes, only with scotch tape. All tape must be removed from walls or there may be a small fee of $150 that will be charged for removal by our cleaning staff.
4. Do you have a recommended catering list?
Yes, we have a recommend list of caterers we can provide. Our partners are professional, budget friendly and of course, create mouth watering dishes to impress all of your guests.
5. When can I start setting up for my event?
When your rental begins. For example if you reserved from 3pm to 6pm, you would be given access to the space at 3pm.
6. What can I expect when I arrive on the day of my event?
All of the equipment you requested will be in the space. There will be one dedicated staff member on hand to guide you in your set up, answer questions, assist with an issues and ensure your event is amazing success.
7. What does “event rental end time” mean?
If your event rental end time is 5pm, for example, then this means at 5pm the space you have rented must be entirely clear of people and personal belongings. You will need to factor time into your event to ferry items to the car, pack up your food that you want to take home, take down decorations and see your guests off.
8. What if I require event rentals to be delivered at the Vandenberg House prior to my event.
This request will be handled on a case by case basis. If there is space available, we can accommodate drop off the day prior to the event, if not, you would have to make arrangements for delivery on the day of your event.
9. Where can we park?
Paid parking, $2.00/hr, is available on Queen Street East from Monday – Friday 9am – 9pm. Saturday 8am – 9pm, Sunday 12-9pm Greenwood Ave has free parking as well. Be aware of the signs.
10. I would like to serve alcohol at my event. Do I need special permit?
Yes, you would have to apply for a Special Occasions Permit through the AGCO. They offer online services. You would have to apply 10 days prior to your event. It’s a simple 5 minute application. If you need guidance, please reach out to one of our staff.
11. Can I cook/warm food in your kitchen?
Yes, cooking and warming food is permitted, however, deep frying is not permitted. There is an additional $75 kitchen clean up that will be added to your invoice.
12. Where do I dispose of my garbage? The client is responsible for disposing of all garbage and recycling into the first bin on Vancouver avenue. We can handle any disposal for you for an additional rate of $150.
13. Can I use glitter or sparkles in the venue? No, unfortunately, they are difficult to clean up. We find glitter just keeps on reappearing and since we have many types of events with different requirements, glitter cannot be used on-site. Our apologies for any inconvenience. Upto $150 fee
14. Can we light candles in the venue? Yes, you are permitted to bring in unscented candles into the venue as long as the flame is not exposed. Ensure your guests cannot catch their clothing, hair, etc on fire if they lean close to the flame or reach over the flame. The candle can be in an over size glass vase. No open flames are permitted.
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING THE VANDENBERG HOUSE.
The location was amazing and the venue was so quaint and cozy and provided everything we needed! Will definitely be using Vandenberg House again!
I loved having my baby shower in this space. It was open, bright and clean. Because of the amount of people in the space, including the caterer who was cooking onsite, the space did get really warm. However, it's understood that this is an older house and the AC doesn't work like it would in a brand new space. Regardless, everything was amazing. I'd host here again.
I booked this venue for my husband's surprise birthday party. Throughout the whole process, Christiane and her team were very quick to respond to any inquiry and were very accommodating and willing to help with anything. The guests all had a great time and many remarked about how unique and charming the space was.
Excellent space to shoot at! Christiane was super helpful and quick to reply throughout the whole process.
The space was so nice and open. It was the perfect venue for our intimate dinner and Christiane was super nice. We would rent again!
I hosted my sister's baby shower here and it was absolutely perfect for the occasion! The space was exactly as pictured. It was beautiful and clean, all the furniture was available for use and for us to arrange it however we wanted. We had 16 people and the atmosphere was great for a baby shower - so intimate, relaxed and friendly. Every guest complimented us on finding such a unique venue. We brought everything with us that we would need for our party, but there were plenty of amenities and items available in the kitchen that we could have used as well. Christiane was so helpful and the whole process could not have been any easier.
Christiane was incredibly easy to work with. The space was exactly as advertised. It was such a great space to host my lunch and learn. I will be using this space again for sure!
I used the space for my baby shower. We were able to fit 40 guests comfortably and everyone enjoyed the space. I would recommend this venue to anyone.
This space is superb! Christiane was wonderful, friendly and helpful. The space is beautiful with a very fresh rustic feel. It was our first pop-up shop event and she was fantastic with giving us advice on marketing from her many years of experience. I would highly recommend this space to anyone that is looking for a unique event space, in a beautiful location, easy access by car and ttc and overall a host that goes beyond your expectations.
271 people saved this space