Aberthau Mansion is a Vancouver-based venue that specializes in hosting weddings and other social functions. This historical venue currently serves as the neighbourhood's community centre called West Point Grey. Its Tudorbethan architecture and hardwood interiors draw many soon-to-be-married couples who are planning a small to mid size wedding at a supremely elegant location.
Fully equipped with a Lounge, Dining Room, Oak Room, Library, Garden area, Dressing Rooms, and Kitchen for catering services. This luxury mansion is perfect for a wide range of events, including weddings, rehearsals, recitals, and birthday parties.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Cleaning Fee: $200
Minimum Booking: 2 hours
Maximum Booking: 52 weeks
View Cancellation Policy (full refund within 24 hours)
**Cost does not include Staff Supervision, SOCAN/Re:Sound fees, and rental equipment.
Set-Up and Clean-Up:
- The rental group is responsible for their event set-up and and the removal of all their decorations/personal items within 60 minutes after all activities cease.
- Wedding rentals and larger events require a cleaning package ($200).
- On Saturdays, all activities cease at 11:00pm and the rental group must remove their decorations/personal items and vacate the facility by 12:00am midnight. On weekdays and Sundays, all activities must cease at 10:00pm and the rental group must remove their decorations/personal items and vacate the facility by 11:00pm.
Kitchen Use and Catering:
- Catering is permitted but not offered.
- Kitchen facilities may only be used to warm foods, cooking and preparation must be done beforehand.
- Service of food and beverages is only allowed in Oak Room, Lounge, Dining Room, and Foyer.
- Larger rentals require one staff supervisor from the beginning of the event up until 4 hours prior to the event's end. The remaining 4 hours require two supervisors (per person rate: $25/hour).
- Music royalty fees are dependent on whether live or prerecorded music is being played, and whether or not guests will be dancing.
- Liability insurance is required by all rental groups and can be obtained from [link hidden].
- If alcohol is being served, a valid "Serving It Right" certificate is required. No Hard Alcohol and Spirits allowed.
- No food and beverages permitted in the Library and Garden area.
- No dancing and amplified music allowed in the Oak Room.
- The use of candles must be discussed and approved with the Rental Coordinator at the time of booking.
- No smoking permitted on premises. A minimum fine of $250.00 will be applied if smoking occurs on grounds or inside the facility.
- All recyclables must be taken by the rental group upon leaving.
Protected by $2,000,000 Host Insurance
Every booking on thisopenspace includes liability coverage, at no additional cost.
16 people saved this space