Collection of Information: We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
"Personal Information" is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, email address, credit card information, birth date, and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Website or be able to access and use the Website at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website through registration processes; communications with you; information downloads; service purchases; user support; and surveys.
"Non-Personal Information" is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”) that has been stripped of personal information, the domain used to access the Website, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to the website. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website is not considered Personal Information. Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
Use of Information: We collect information for the following purposes:
- Registration: You can browse the Website without creating an account, however in order to list or book any Listed Properties you must have an account. You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to register for an account. When you create an account you will be required to provide certain Personal Information to us such as your full name, email address and birthday. You can also create an account and login through Facebook, in which case we will collect your email address, public profile information, and your friend’s list. We also require the social insurance number and driver’s licenses for Space Owners listing Listed Properties on the Platform so that we can verify Your identity. You will also be required to create a password. In general, none of your account registration information will be shared with any other users of the Website or our Services.
- User Profiles. Once you have created an account, you can create a profile, which includes your name and a profile picture. Your profile will be visible to other Users of the Platform, including Users you message in respect of a Listed Property.
- Information sharing with Photographers. If you request photography services in respect of the Listed Properties on the Platform, your contact information will be provided to the photographer in order to schedule the photo session and perform the photography services.
- Information Sharing Among Users. Once registered for an account Renters will be able to message Space Owners through the in-app messaging feature of the Website and App. We do not control and are not liable for how other Users of the Platform treat your personal information, so please exercise discretion in the personal information that you share with the other Users.
- Ratings and Testimonials: Users (both Space Owners and Renters) may have the option to rate and/or write testimonials about users with whom they interact in connection with Listed Properties after the transaction is marked as complete. Ratings and testimonials will be publicly viewable by other Users.
- Payments. In order to book Listed Properties, Renters will be required to input credit card information to our merchant account payment gateway provided and hosted by Stripe. All payment information is collected and stored by Stripe, and thisopenspace does not collect or store any User credit card information. In certain circumstances, fees may be payable by wire transfer, in which case, we will require certain additional account information which we will use solely for the purpose of facilitating the transaction. Additionally, We require certain bank account information for Space Owners so that we can remit to such individuals or entities any rental fees and other monies owing to them in connection with Listed Properties on the Platform.
- Marketing Communications: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication.
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services purchased through the Website. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
Your IP address is also reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website and/or the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website members, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card or other payment information to us, the Website works to help protect the security of your credit card and other payment information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password for the Services to third parties.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at: [email protected].
Last Updated: November 14, 2016